Energy charts in days/weeks/months/years

Thanks for the info. This is really great.
I have following questions:

1. Once I have created the new chart page over the item’s analyze button can I still edit them or do I need to start from scratch to modify it?
  2. Is it somehow possible to get Day, Week, Month, Year (Coords View) always visible after the chart page was created. Otherwise I need to create separate chart pages, what would decrease the usability.
  1. You can still edit the page. Note that clicking an “Analyze” on the item page again will create a new (temporary) chart only! The “save” button will create a new chart page accessible though settings->Pages (where you can attach the chart to your sidebar)
  2. The time interval cannot be changed after creation. However, you can still switch between the “current” interval (e.g. this year) and previous intervals (last year, the year before, …)

I need to correct myself: It certainly IS possible to create this kind of chart from Settings->Pages->Create Chart. Just select “Add Aggregate Series” instead of “Add Time Series” and the chart editor will show the relevant options when editing the series.
But personally I find the method to add the chart via the integrated analyzer to be easier. It is still possible to create a chart there and edit it in the Settings->Pages editor later.

1. And how do I get into the initial “Analyze” button editor once the chart page is created? The Settings->Pages->Chart Editor / Edit Aggregate Series is different.
  2. Hmm. That’s too bad that here are no Day, Week, Month, Year buttons :frowning:

The best way to workaround the missing day, week, month, year button is to use tabbed chart pages. Create a chart for day, week, month, year and put it into a tabbed page.

What I’m actually missing now is the time range “DECADES”. “YEAR” shows the charts for months. Can I define this time range “DECADES” somehow, so that I also see the total consumption of a year. Then I can also compare several years.

Thank you for the instructions how to create the aggregated charts. I created some pages following your instructions - with one exception: for me the values are calculated correctly when using “difference of lasts” instead of “difference of firsts”. I am using a weekly summary.

The issue I have is that the chart never shows values on a Monday. Any thoughts?

The issue is described here, hopefully we get a solution from the developers.

Thanks for linking the issue. I left a comment over there.

Ok, thank you! How did you make these bubbles with 8 and 46? Do you know if there is also a way to get the total amount of the complete week shown somewhere in the chart?

Those bubbles are the min-max marks. You can activate them in the “Series” tab.

No, I do not have a clue how to show the sum of values for the chosen time range.

I’m still looking for a way to get the total energy consumption for one year. The biggest time range of a chart is currently one year and this provides monthly energy consumptions.
Is it possible that anybody writes an issue, that there is also a chart time range like 3Y, 5Y or DECADE? Thanks.

I believe you have to turn to Grafana for this.

Isn’t there really no other solution? I see no reason using Grafana for only getting the total energy consumption for one year.

You could open an issue on GitHub for future releases. Adding just another time-selector option should not be too difficult (assuming that CPU runtime over two years timeframe won’t cause problem, which 1 year sometimes already does on my system).

Is it possible that anybody writes me an issue, that there is also a chart time range like 3Y, 5Y or DECADE? I don’t know how to do it. Thanks!

Let me know which part of opening an issue you have problems with, and I can help you. Another person opening an issue for you is not a good idea for various reasons.

I have created an issue. Can you please review and update it. Thanks!

Looks good to me. Will be interesting to see if someone picks it up.

Seems to be nobody available, who could implement it. :frowning:

Still nobody, who could take it over? :frowning:

I really need to think of another solution. For energy visualisation Openhab seems not to be the best solution using the default features.

It seems that nobody can take over the issue :rofl:

@florian-h05 Would it be possible for you to point out in the issue what files need to be changed? There seem to be not much developers who have done changes in this area in the last time.