EnOcean 2: FGW14-USB supported

Hello,
does the new EnOcean Binding support the ELTAKO FGW14-USB as Gateway?
If so, how do I have to configure it?
If not, why not?
Just Kidding, would be very nice if this would be possible, as some of the ELTAKO stuff like Dimmers are usually located close to the Raspi. SO there is no need to control them via radio.
I read several posts now, but I don’t get a clue about that. Some write, the USB300 has the same chip.
Thanks,
Ingo

Hi Ingo (@Windrad),

currently the enocean gateway supports only radio connections as my pi is not located next to my FAM14 :wink: . However I am working on it to support wired connections too.

Best regards
Daniel

Cool!
Do have a rough timeline? (just askin, not pushing;)
Will your Binding support the FGW14 only, or any cheap USB-RS485 Gateway?
Thanks,
Ingo

Hi Ingo (@Windrad),

sorry I do not have a rough timeline. Have to find a free weekend and fix all other issues first.

Best regards
Daniel

I’ll wait :slight_smile: If I can help (testing or what ever), just write a note.
Ingo

Hello,

any news on that topic ?

Kind regards,
Frank

Hi Frank,

I already creted a PR. FAM14 Connections work without problems. FGW has not been tested yet.

However I do not have much hope that my PR gets into 2.5.

Daniel

Hi
I just setup openhab in my raspberry pi 3. I have enocean 2.5.1. Can you give me more detail how I can setup fgw14 on the openhab? ( connect TX, rx and ground from fgw to ftdi usb. Also fgw14 is set in position 5)

Hi @Theofylaktos_Pieri,

I am sorry to disappoint you, but my PR to support FGW14/FAM14 per USB is still pending. I will ping it tomorrow.

Best regards
Daniel

Ok Thank you for your reply!! i will wait your Update for FAM/FGW.