Enocean Eltako FJ62 using Generic Thing

Hello Together,
I’m trying to use the Eltako FJ62 with then EnOcean binding. However it seems that it is not directly supported by the binding. So I wanted to try to implement it using a generic thing.
But I’m lost, as I don’t understand how this works.

Here is what I’ve tried or let’s say what I thought could work. But I don’t know how to setup TeachIn telegrams and so on. Could some one please point me into the right direction?

I think I need somehow a transformation. But to be honest I don’t know how the transformation and the thing code work together and were to set it up.

Bridge openocean:serialbridge:FTVGS9ZQ "OpenOcean Serial Bridge" [ port="/dev/ttyUSB0" ] {
  Thing genericThing Kueche_Eltako_Fj62np "Kueche Eltako FJ62np" [
      enoceanId="0420CB15",
      senderIdOffset=3,
      sendingEEPId="A5_3F_7F",
      broadcastMessages=false,
      receivingEEPId="A5_3F_7F",
      suppressRepeating=false,
      pollingInterval=300 ]

}

from https://www.eltako.com/fileadmin/downloads/de/Gesamtkatalog/Eltako_Gesamtkatalog_KapT_low_res.pdf

Can someone point me into the right direction? It seems like I’m to dumb to understand the documentation.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris

Ok. I think I’m seeing a little bit clearer now. But still I’m confused where the pieces fit together.
I think I still don’t understand were to put all the stuff in and how to configure the channels.

I’ve now created a .things file and a map file in the transform folder. In the UI I’ve then linked the teachIn channel to an item with a MAP transformation to my transformation file. However when pressing the Teach In Button there are now errors in the log and no EnOcean telegrams. Logging for the EnOcean binding is set to TRACE.

This is how my things file looks now.

Bridge enocean:bridge:FTVQS9ZQ "Enocean USB300 Dongle (FTVQS9ZQ)" [ port="/dev/enOceanUSB300A" ]{
  Thing genericThing Kueche_Fj62np "KuecheEltakoFJ62np" @ "Kitchen" [
      enoceanId="0420CB15",
      senderIdOffset=33,
      sendingEEPId="A5_FF_FF",
      broadcastMessages=false,
      receivingEEPId="A5_FF_FF",
      suppressRepeating=false,
      pollingInterval=300 ]
      {Channels: Type genericRollershutter:genericRollershutter 
                Type  genericTeachInCMD:genericTeachInCMD }

}

And this is the MAP file:

genericTeachInCMD|ON=FF80D80
genericTeachInCMD|OFF=0000000

So can anyone give me a hint please?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,
try with the EEP of the supported FSB14 (Rollershutter). They seem almost completely identical:

HTH
-Markus

@mdillman Hi Markus,
thanks for pointing this out. Sadly this doesn’t work. The teach-in cmd is send out. And openHAB works with all of my other EnOcean devices.

So I wanted to be sure that it is not an issue with signal strength or with the installation of the FJ61, I installed iobroker on the same proxmox server in a different .lxc and used the same USB-dongle. iobroker is able to teach-in and move the shutter.

At the moment I’m somewhat stuck with openHAB

Cheers,

Chris

It should work with the standard EEP.

I see differences in the senderoffsets you posted. Can you be more specific which direction does not work ? If you create your thing/item and control the FJ62 via swichtes, you see status reflected in OH ?
Does only direction OH->FJ62 (sending a command/new position) not work ?

-Markus

Hi Markus,

somehow got the second “3” in the sender ID lost in the first post. Sorry for that.

I can’t even teach in the device. The device has a 2 minute period in which it allows a teach in. The teach-in didn’t work in openHAB. Neither with a thing created over the UI nor when it is created in a .thing file. Tried it with “genericThing” and with “rollershutter”.

Without a correct teach-in the FJ62 doesn’t accept any direction command.

Chris

Thats why I recommended to first try without a teach-in to OH. Just define the Thing and check if status-changes are correctly reflected.

BTW: if you did your teach-in with the same sender-ID (baseid of your USB300 added to that) in ioBroker, it is already taught-in to OH, as then simply this sender-adress is known to the device and control should be possible.

Hi Markus,

without teach-in the actor literally does nothing.

But your workaround worked. However the sender ID seems to be calculated different in iobroker than in openHAB. I used the sender offset 33 in iobroker. However the iobroker adapter seems to ignore the offset (or it has there a different meaning). The iobroker adapter has a hard coded list. The first device gets the sender ID + 1, the second ID + 2 and so on. No matter what the offset is.
So yes. The workaround teach-in in iobroker and then use the device in openHAB works. However I have to teach-in the device with the offset 1 again in OH with a new offset. :wink:

Thanks for your help! By any chance do you have another idea how to do the teach in without iobroker?

Chris

I don’t own such a device. Can it be manually put into pairing mode ? Eg. via operating a wired switch or a button on the device itself ?
If it can only be put into learning mode by sending a telegram that might be in fact difficult with the current binding. Perhaps the binding developer can shed some light on that. Esp. the “unlock” of learning mode seems to be unique to that series of devices.

Devices I intregated recently all supported UTE (eg. the Nodon’s) and that worked without any issues.

-Markus

Hi Markus,

the learning mode is not started with a telegram. In the factory defaults (unlearned device) the device is for two minutes in the learning mode.

I can see in the console that “a” teach in telegram is send out. But the actor doesn’t accept it. When the device has been teached in, you need to issue a certain combination of long and short switch presses at the device itself for a reset.

Chris

Hi Chris,
have you tried teach-in without modifying the teachincmd-setting ?

For reference, here is my thing definition of a FSB14 rollershutter. Teachin was just done using a switch-item connected temporarly to the teachin-channel.

Thing rollershutter 0518XXXX "Rollladen Schlafzimmer" @ "Schlafzimmer" [ enoceanId="0518XXXX",
senderIdOffset=17, sendingEEPId="A5_3F_7F_EltakoFSB", receivingEEPId="A5_3F_7F_EltakoFSB","F6_00_00",
 broadcastMessages=true, suppressRepeating=false ]

And no MAP-file !

Hi Markus,

lazy as I’am :wink:, my first try was to use the FSB over the UI with an switch item for the teach in, which clearly didn’t work. This was the reason I for trying it with the things and map file.
This weekend I wan’t to wire up the next one. I will give it a new try.

Chris

@mdillman Had the time to play around a little bit. In general it is possible to use the built in FSB14 rollershutter Thing with the FJ62NP.
I was able to teach in a second one without issues using the FSB14.

Now I reseted the first one to factory defaults and it worked.
My guess is that I did something entirely wrong at my first try.

Thanks again Markus and sorry for taking up your time.

Cheers,

Chris

No worries, glad it works now.

1 Like