EnOcean FT55 - Configuration?

Hi,
[Update] The FT55 appears to be a single channel switch. I was not aware of it. I purchased now TF-4PT and TF-4FT switches (by Eltako) which are marked as 4-channels. I expect them to offer fuer signals.

sorry to bother you with my beginner issues. I have the well-known Eltako FT55 here. But I do not get it configured properly.

I go to PaperUI and do discover. Pressing the switch will make it visible. Once added I see the following channels offered in PaperUI:

enocean:pushButton:FTB3SXG:FEF13244:pushButton
enocean:pushButton:FTB3SXG:FEF13244:lastReceived
enocean:pushButton:FTB3SXG:FEF13244:repeatCount
enocean:pushButton:FTB3SXG:FEF13244:rssi

So when I assign these channels to an item it works fine so far.

But what I am wondering is the fact that there is no difference if I press on top of the switch or on bottom of the switch.With the double plate the switch would have for different positions to press- but it will always report only one? No matter what I press?

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Are there any other recommended EnOcena switches which can replace the usuall old-fashion wall switches?

Thanks!

/KNEBB

Hi @knebb,
there is a problem for the binding to identify the difference between PushButton and RockerSwitch.
You have to manually add the FT55 as RockerSwitch instead PushButton.
In PaperUI, copy the EnoceanId from the identified PushButton and use this to create a new enocean Thing.

1 Like

Ah! Cool!

Yes, working now as expected. I can see in my events.log:

2020-05-29 17:05:39.857 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - enocean:rockerSwitch:b4870eea:rockerswitchA triggered DIR1_PRESSED
2020-05-29 17:05:39.866 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'EltakoOben' received command ON
2020-05-29 17:05:39.888 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - EltakoOben predicted to become ON
2020-05-29 17:05:40.127 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - enocean:rockerSwitch:b4870eea:rockerswitchA triggered DIR1_RELEASED
2020-05-29 17:05:41.611 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - enocean:rockerSwitch:b4870eea:rockerswitchA triggered DIR2_PRESSED
2020-05-29 17:05:41.620 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'EltakoOben' received command OFF
2020-05-29 17:05:41.633 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - EltakoOben predicted to become OFF
2020-05-29 17:05:41.651 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - EltakoOben changed from ON to OFF
2020-05-29 17:05:41.774 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - enocean:rockerSwitch:b4870eea:rockerswitchA triggered DIR2_RELEASED

Now I am going to create proper items out of the things I got so far.

Thanks a lot!
/KNEBB

Hi,

another issue with some of the Eltako switches.

AS it was running so fine I decided to buy some more. But again failing and not having a clue how to configure them properly.

I have now a F4PT but I have the same issue as before. But this switch has four different channels (Top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right) and send different datagrams (according to datasheet (DE)):

So when I am going to discover the switch through PaperUI (Enocean binding)I only get the single “PushButton” item.

Usingthe way you recommended I can distinguish between a press on one of the top or one of the bottom. But not between left and right.

Anyone having an idea how to properly use this switch?

Thanks a lot!

/KNEBB

Meanwhile I found this page from EnoceanBinding.

If I read the table there correctly there is no way to get these items to work as the binding only supports single channel ones?

/KNEBB

Technically it is just a FT55 with other labels. It will work just like a FT55 if you configure it the same way.