[EnOcean] Wrong data types for the formatting of channel data (ilumination, illuminationWest, etc.)

Some EnOcean sensors (e.g. eltako Multisensor MS) seem to return floating point numbers for the channels illumination, illuminactionWest, illuminationSouthNorth, and illuminationEast but obviously are handled as decimals. Thus, I get following errors:

2020-12-30 09:45:01.137 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Exception while formatting value \'4705.882352941177 lx\' of item Wetterstation_SunEast with format \'%d %unit%\': d != java.math.BigDecimal
2020-12-30 09:45:01.141 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Exception while formatting value '7647.058823529412 lx' of item Wetterstation_SunSouthNorth with format '%d %unit%': d != java.math.BigDecimal
2020-12-30 09:45:01.145 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Exception while formatting value '3529.4117647058824 lx' of item Wetterstation_SunWest with format '%d %unit%': d != java.math.BigDecimal

Seems to be a similiar issue to #149

The current implementation in channels.xml uses format strings based on integer values (%d) and not float (%.1f):

<item-type>Number:Illuminance</item-type>

<label>Lux</label>

<description>Illumination in lux</description>

<state pattern="%d %unit%" readOnly="true"/>

</channel-type>

<channel-type id="illuminationWest">

<label>Sun West</label>

</channel-type>

<channel-type id="illuminationSouthNorth">

<label>Sun South/North</label>

</channel-type>

<channel-type id="illuminationEast">

<label>Sun East</label>

</channel-type>

I completely added thing and items via UI.

Am I right? How to fix?

Thx

The same thing I struggled yesterday. I simply changed the Item representation in the UI by adding metadata “state description” to the item.