Epson Projector Binding with warnings and error

Hi,

I started to use the Epson Projector Binding and getting warnings and errors.

• Raspberry Pi v2
  • openHAB 1.8.0 and 1.8.1
  • Epson TW700
  • Raspberry serial port connection ttyAMA0

Function is OK. I can switch on/off, mute on/off and select the source.
Also source change is written back and also power on/off updates are received.
Mute is not update from projector towards openHAB.

Items:

/* Control */
Switch epsonPower “Beamer” { epsonprojector=“beamer:Power:60000” }
Switch epsonMute “Mute” <beamer_mute> { epsonprojector=“beamer:Mute:ON,60000” }
Number epsonDirectSource “Quelle” { epsonprojector=“beamer:DirectSource:ON,60000”}

Log:
Seen while projector is on
2016-02-10 17:47:11.157 [WARN ] [.o.b.e.i.EpsonProjectorBinding] - Couldn’t execute command ‘Mute’, org.openhab.binding.epsonprojector.internal.EpsonProjectorException: Illegal response
2016-02-10 17:47:11.158 [ERROR] [.o.b.e.i.EpsonProjectorBinding] - No response received from command ‘Mute’

It helps to set the time value to a huge number to avoid polling.

Seen in start up or power down phase of the projector
2016-02-10 17:45:08.754 [WARN ] [.o.b.e.i.EpsonProjectorBinding] - Couldn’t execute command ‘Power’, org.openhab.binding.epsonprojector.internal.EpsonProjectorException: No response received
2016-02-10 17:45:10.786 [ERROR] [.o.b.e.i.EpsonProjectorBinding] - Couldn’t execute command ‘Power’, org.openhab.binding.epsonprojector.internal.EpsonProjectorException: Error response received

Errors and warnings can also be seen if the projector is completely powered off.

Does anyone know how to deal with this binding to get rid off the warnings and errors?

I get very similar errors on my Epson binding, but it doesn’t affect operation.

• Ubuntu 14.04
  • OpenHAB 1.8.1
  • Epson 4030
  • USB to serial port connection ttyUSB0
  • Only using Power interface

I looked through the Epson documentation and I think it may have to do with command and polling timing. If openHAB tries to poll soon after a command is sent, the projector may not respond and you get a No Response Received error. The binding code would probably need to be updated to prevent this error.

I also looked at the log files I’m getting for the binding. This is what I noticed. If openHAB sends 2 commands of PWR=OFF, the projector responds with ERR which I get as the Error response received error. I cleaned up my rules to prevent that, but I still get the No Response Error. Not sure what would cause the Illegal Response error. I didn’t get that error.

Hey, can you please post the configuration from your epsonprojector.cfg ?

I’m using

epsonprojector:localhost.serialPort=/dev/ttyAMA0

Is yours the same?
I’m asking as openhab cannot access the tty …

Couldn’t execute command ‘Power’, org.openhab.binding.epsonprojector.internal.EpsonProjectorException: gnu.io.NoSuchPortException

Thanks!