Error after instalation of snapshot release

I’m using openhabian. I used the the configuration tool (openhabian-config) to install the the latest snapshot. I’m not sure which snap shot version it was. (I’m a newbie, so I don’t know where to find that information) After installing the snapshot, the following error messages started repeating in the log:

2018-10-03 09:05:42.425 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-standard': No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0.0.0
2018-10-03 09:05:42.507 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-zwave': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=system; type=karaf.feature; version="[4.1.5,4.1.5]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=system)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=4.1.5)(version<=4.1.5))"

I tried downgrading to the testing version and again to the stable version, but the message keeps appearing over and over. I’ve also tried upgrading the config tool, doing a full system upgrade, and restarting the openhab server. When I’ve searched for the specific error messages, the problem other people were having was related to the kobi binding. However, to the best of my knowlege, I’m not using the kobi binding.

Anyone have any ideas?

What does your /etc/openhab2/services/addon.cfg folder have listed for packages?

Here’s the file. It appears every line is commented out.

# The installation package of this openHAB instance
# Note: This is only regarded at the VERY FIRST START of openHAB
# Note: If you want to specify your add-ons yourself through entries below, set the package to "minimal"
# as otherwise your definition might be in conflict with what the installation package defines.
#
# Optional. If not set, the dashboard (https://<yourserver>:8080/) will ask you to choose a package.
#
# Valid options:
#   - minimal  : Installation only with dashboard, but no UIs or other add-ons. Use this for custom setups.
#   - simple   : Setup for using openHAB purely through UIs - you need to expect MANY constraints in functionali$
#   - standard : Default setup for normal users, best for textual setup
#   - expert   : Setup for expert users, especially for people migrating from openHAB 1.x
#   - demo     : A demo setup which includes UIs, a few bindings, config files etc.
#
# See https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/packages.html for a detailed explanation of these packages.
#
#package = minimal

# Access Remote Add-on Repository
# Defines whether the remote openHAB add-on repository should be used for browsing and installing add-ons.
# This not only makes latest snapshots of add-ons available, it is also required for the installation of
# any legacy 1.x add-on. (default is true)
#
#remote = true

# Include legacy 1.x bindings. If set to true, it also allows the installation of 1.x bindings for which there i$
# already a 2.x version available (requires remote repo access, see above). (default is false)
#
#legacy = true

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "binding = sonos,knx,zwave")
#binding =

# A comma-separated list of UIs to install (e.g. "ui = basic,paper")
#ui =

# A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. "persistence = rrd4j,jpa")
#persistence =

# A comma-separated list of actions to install (e.g. "action = mail,pushover")
#action =
#
#remote = true

# Include legacy 1.x bindings. If set to true, it also allows the installation of 1.x bindings for which there i$
# already a 2.x version available (requires remote repo access, see above). (default is false)
#
#legacy = true

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "binding = sonos,knx,zwave")
#binding =

# A comma-separated list of UIs to install (e.g. "ui = basic,paper")
#ui =

# A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. "persistence = rrd4j,jpa")
#persistence =

# A comma-separated list of actions to install (e.g. "action = mail,pushover")
#action =

# A comma-separated list of transformation services to install (e.g. "transformation = map,jsonpath")
#transformation =

# A comma-separated list of voice services to install (e.g. "voice = marytts,freetts")
#voice =

# A comma-separated list of miscellaneous services to install (e.g. "misc = myopenhab")
#misc =

This shouldn’t be necessary but try Uncommenting package and change to expert then restart OH.

here’s the new error message

2018-10-03 09:50:22.350 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-expert': No matching features for openhab-package-expert/0.0.0
2018-10-03 09:50:22.484 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-zwave': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=system; type=karaf.feature; version="[4.1.5,4.1.5]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=system)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=4.1.5)(version<=4.1.5))"

Unable to resolve root?
Have you used openhabian tools to try fixing permissions? Its under Apply Improvements

No, is that something I should try?

Yes, that will take care of any issues with permissions on OH.

Tried to fix permissions. sill getting the error.

2018-10-03 10:22:22.413 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-expert': No matching features for openhab-package-expert/0.0.0
2018-10-03 10:22:22.489 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-zwave': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=system; type=karaf.feature; version="[4.1.5,4.1.5]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=system)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=4.1.5)(version<=4.1.5))"

Change addon.cfg package back to original e.g. commented out as this didn’t seem to help and you are getting an error about the package expert.
Is this your first OH install or have you been using OH prior to latest snapshot?

I was using it prior to upgrading to the snapshot. So I don’t know if I manually installed something that messed up the config scripts. (maybe?)

If you have a backup, made prior to snapshot install, I would do a fresh install and try again. You install using openhabian image?

Yes

You have a backup that was created before the install or sometime recently?

I did a backup right before switching versions. Is there anyway to burn a new image remotely on a running raspberry pi?

Good, you should be safe to install a new image without losing your work.

No, are you not near your RPI?
Also, assuming the use of an SD card, how long has it been in use? Could it be the problem?