Error after update to 2.1:

Hey,

another problem since the update:

2017-07-06 22:01:23.732 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'harmony.rules' is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!
2017-07-06 22:01:23.748 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'harmony.rules'

All rules inside that rule-file do work. There are no strange encodings in it and not tabs or something like that :-/.

And i get this for all rules i touch…

But again: they work.

Example code for harmony.rules:

rule "BeamerAnDurchLeinwand"
when
  Item Leinwand received command ON
then
  logInfo("Harmony", "Beamer einschalten wegen Leinwand")
  JVC.sendCommand("PowerOn")
end

rule "BeamerausDurchLeinwand"
when
  Item Leinwand received command OFF
then
  logInfo("Harmony", "Beamer ausschalten wegen Leinwand")
  JVC.sendCommand("PowerOff")
end

Any tipps for me? :-(…
I regret that I did that update :wink:

It’s a known annoyance that occurs when using some editors. I think what is happening is that a file change event gets triggered when the editor starts to save the file which triggers OH to try and read it. But the editor is not done saving the file so OH fails to parse the file resulting in the error. Then another file change event gets sent when the editor completes writing the file and this time OH successfully loads it because now the full file is there.

My only suggestion is to ignore it and watch the SNAPSHOTS for this to be fixed, or choose a different file editor.

I use notepad++ (Win10) and there this error is present, too.

Is there a way to tell openhab, to read the new files only after a little time between?

So if there is a new file (or changed file) - openhab should wait maybe 1 second and then read the new file.

No

I’m pretty sure there is already an issue for this. But given that it doesn’t actually cause any problems I’m not sure it is a high priority.

1 Like