Error during binding-install (download error + openhab remembering previous failed attempts)

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: VirtualBox
    • Java Runtime Environment: openJDK 1.8.0_151
    • openHAB version: 2.2

Hello,
I am just starting with openHAB so I have setup a new Ubuntu test enviroment with a fresh installation of openHAB 2.2…
now I am having problems installing the knx binding:

• yesterday I tried to install the knx binding through the paperUI > Add-Ons, but after clicking on “Install”, the “spinning circle” just kept spinning and never came back.
  • I thought there may be a problem with this binding, so I tried a different one (astro, then ntp) but got the same issue.
  • I shutdown the machine, and today I tried again the astro-binding (thinking that there may be an issue with the knx binding, which is the one I actually would like to have)
    -the “spinning circle” does not stop, as if there was no response from the server
    -I just had a look at the logs, and saw the following error:
 [EROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-knx1': Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.knx/1.11.0

Note that the KNX binding was the first one I tried yesterday. Ihe other ones (ntp, astro) I also tried later. The virtual machine has been completely shut down and restarted several times, but it seems like the installer still remembers the previous failed installations.

Does anyone know (or can I somehow check) if the problem is with my network settings or my configuration? or maybe the repository for the KNX binding is not available? (if so, how can I tell openhab to forget about that installation for now?)

Thank you!
Regards, uis

Please check your Java version. If it openJDK and not Zulu, then p lease change it to Oracle or Zulu Java8 (not 9)
As written in the prerequisits, openJDK is not recommended.

Hi,

I have the same problem (OH2.3) with 2 bindings that I wanted to try. My question is how to make the install attempts stop ?

Thanks