Error Failed installing 'openhab-binding-ebus'

Hello

I have Openhab 2.5.2 (openhabian) on RPi 3 B+.
I have been using ebus binding 1.4.1 (installed in Paper UI) with Esera USB Coupler with Vaillant VR430 and this was working but some queue problems occured. I decided to upgrade to last version binding 2.5.1.6 and perform manual installation by copying the org.openhab.binding.ebus-2.5.1-6.kar into the /usr/share/openhab2/addons/ directory

After performing few sudo systemctl stop/clean-cache/start/shutdown the ebus 2.5.6.1 binding works (I can see valid data for an initial parameter) !

So ebus binding 2.5.6.1 is working but I am chasing for an error repeating every minute

2020-04-26 23:07:05.512 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-ebus'

Can smb help me to get rid if this error?

I have deactivated (rename) services/ebus.cfg file (neded for ebus 1.4.1 binding) and deleted var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/ebus.config file (there is a new file now generated by system after restart)

services/addons.cfg file

binding = astro,modbus,ntp,rfxcom,squeezebox,wifiled,ebus,epsonprojector1

*view from the Karaf console

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i ebus
205 x Active  x  80 x 1.0.6.202002091840      x eBUS library configuration
206 x Active  x  80 x 1.0.6.202002091840      x eBUS core library
208 x Active  x  80 x 2.5.1.202002091841      x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: eBUS Binding
openhab> feature:list | grep -i ebus
openhab-binding-onebusaway                        x 2.5.3            x          x Uninstalled x openhab-addons-2.5.3     x OneBusAway Binding
openhab-binding-ebus1                             x 1.14.0           x          x Uninstalled x openhab-addons-2.5.3     x eBUS Binding
ebus-binding                                      x 2.5.1.6          x x        x Started     x ebus-distro-2.5.1-6      x eBUS 2.0 bindi

the ebus-binding was marked as Uninstalled initially and I perfmed command:

featue:install ebus-binding

so that the status now is Started, but the Error repeats.after rebooting.
I am a bit confused how to proceed further?

New day new view on the problem.

I have just deleted ebus from the binding line in addons.cfg file.

And the error message disappeared but the ebus binding works😊

My conclusion:

If you install manually any binding (ex ebus ) by putting the kar file in

/usr/share/openhab2/addons/

you shall NOT specify this binding in the addons.cfg file.

So the addons.cfg file shall not include bindings manually added (these which are not installed via Paper UI)
If smb confirms my conclusion I will close this problem as Solved.

Correct.

Any binding manually installed in /usr/share/openhab2/addons will override all others listed in addons.cfg and PaperUI.