Error flood with milight binding - Port out of range:-1

Hi All,

I’ve managed to get the milight binding working (new ibox 2 / openhab running in docker on unraid), however my log files are flooded with this error:

n in thread “SessionThread” java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Port out of range:-1
net.DatagramPacket.setPort(DatagramPacket.java:295)
penhab.binding.milight.internal.protocol.MilightV6SessionManager.send_search_for_broadcast(MilightV6SessionManager.java:247)
penhab.binding.milight.internal.protocol.MilightV6SessionManager.session_handshake_process(MilightV6SessionManager.java:342)
penhab.binding.milight.internal.protocol.MilightV6SessionManager.run(MilightV6SessionManager.java:408)
lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

When i open the Basic UI I also get a “Offline:waiting for connection to become available” error.

The binding seems to work fine however. Is this something I should be worried about?

I could be wrong but I faintly remember seeing this discussed before on this forum. I think the result was getting a different WIFI router/access point. A forum search should turn up the posts.

I also got this error: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/3046, but stopped using this version because of the issue 3046. If this repeats, I think this should be logged as an issue.