Error in log 'The specified name of the item is not valid!'

Hi,
I am trying to set a mqtt device that conforms to the homie specification. I added the thing by using the MQTT binding and adding a MQTT broker. The thing was autodiscovered and items were automatically created (using simple mode item linking).

I have this error in the openhab.log:

2019-06-30 15:32:01.100 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “StringItem” with key “mqtt_homie300_bd43a1cd_kuromaru_gate#command”: The specified name of the item
‘mqtt_homie300_bd43a1cd_kuromaru_gate#command’ is not valid!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The specified name of the item ‘mqtt_homie300_bd43a1cd_kuromaru_gate#command’ is not valid!
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.ItemUtil.assertValidItemName(ItemUtil.java:84) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.items.ItemRegistryImpl.initializeItem(ItemRegistryImpl.java:177) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.items.ItemRegistryImpl.onAddElement(ItemRegistryImpl.java:225) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.items.ItemRegistryImpl.onAddElement(ItemRegistryImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry.added(AbstractRegistry.java:179) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry.addProvider(AbstractRegistry.java:391) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.items.ItemRegistryImpl.addProvider(ItemRegistryImpl.java:391) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry$ProviderTracker.addingService(AbstractRegistry.java:128) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry$ProviderTracker.addingService(AbstractRegistry.java:1) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:941) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:870) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256) ~[?:?]
at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229) ~[?:?]

Which version? 2.4 release, 2.5 M1, or 2.5 snapshot?

If this happens in the snapshot version an issue needs to be filled.

A work around is to turn off simple mode and create and Link the Item manually. The problem is in simple mode, the Item name is based on the Channel ID. In the case, the Channel ID contains characters that are not allowed in an Item name, “#”.

i’m using openHAB 2.5.0.M1 Milestone Build

I updated to openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1627, deleted and re-added the thing. after restarting the server I am seeing the same error in the logs.