Error Installing Zwave Snapshot

openHABian, latest on RPi4

I uninstalled the zwave binding and copied the 3.2 zwave jar file into the /usr/openhab/addons folder but all of my zwave stuff is uninitialized.

I changed the owner to my login username but it’s still not working. The group is ssh

I’m getting these errors in the logs:

2021-12-03 14:19:21.691 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [253]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

In console
openhab> feature:install openhab-transport-serial
This is added automatically when you install the binding from UI, but if you drop a .jar in addons, you need to add it.

Bob

1 Like

I get:

openhab> feature:install openhab-transport-serial
-bash: openhab: command not found

Are you in the console?

Bob

I thought the terminal window was the same as teh console.

If I try sudo openhab_cli console I get this:

bpsopenhab@bpsoffice:~ $ sudo openhab-cli console
[sudo] password for bpsopenhab:

Logging in as openhab
null
bpsopenhab@bpsoffice:~ $

Since it says logging in as openhab and that’s not my username I tried to switch users with “su - openhab” and then “habopen” for the password, per the console documentation, but it returns with “Authentication failure”

From my picture: Password for openhabian is my personal system. The openhab password is simply habopen. Don’t try to switch users, just go with habopen.

Bob

Yes I tried that. I tried the password as habopen and openhabian.
This is what I get.

Sorry, try again.

First password is the same you use to log in. Second is habopen.

Bob

I don’t understand. I sign in with putty using my normal password. Then I enter the command sudo openhab-cli console. If I use my normal password I get this:

Logging in as openhab
null
bpsopenhab@bpsoffice:~ $

If I use password habopen I get this:

Sorry, try again.

Maybe someone else can explain or maybe I do not understand your system. My last try;

1. What is password for “bpsopenhab”? you will have to enter that after :~ $ sudo openhab-cli console. It is checking for Sudo permission
  2. The console will say logging in as openhab
  3. password habopen

Sorry I can’t help anymore.

Bob

Thanks for trying Bob. Yeah #2 is where it’s going wrong. I use my normal password and get that null response.

I did a fresh install and was able to get through this. There must be something in my config file that’s not allowing this to work. I just needed to test this to verify that a device I recently added to the zwave database would work properly when the new OH version is released so I’m good.

Thanks again for your help Bob.