Error message loading rules-file

Hi.

I am getting this error message i the log:

2020-06-28 20:12:17.268 [ERROR] [me.core.service.AbstractWatchService] - Error handling update of file ‘/etc/openhab2/rules/Tablet.rules’: org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.reflect.ReflectionTypeProvider cannot be cast to org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.IJvmTypeProvider.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks.

Pi4 OH 2.5.5

Maybe it would be helpful if you post your rules file.

This is my rules file:

rule “HABPanelViewer Screen”
when
Item Tablet_Motion changed from OPEN to CLOSED
then
Tablet_Command.sendCommand(“SCREEN_ON 300”)
end

It’s very simple.

Hmm… looks fine to me. Did you get the error after changing or creating the file? Maybe check the file permissions. Make sure the user openhab is running with can access the file.

Hi.

I restarted openhab and the rules-file loaded without any issues. Strange.

But thanks for having a look at my problem.

BR
Peter

Was this right away after you had just restarted OpenHAB? Because it looks like a case of items files not being loaded yet when a rule that uses said items runs
And by the way, and I say this with the greatest respect, but the title for this post is really bad. Please consider something a little bit more descriptive other then ‘error message’ :wink:

I have updated the heading of the post to something a little better :smile:

No, openhab had been running for a couple of days at the time. I am not sure what caused this but it looks like some internal error and therefore not something wrong with the rules files.
I will keep an eye on this and see if it happens again.

BR
Peter

1 Like

OK, thanks for edit title :+1:
another question, had you just edited that rules file?

yeah… it does … the rule file in question loaded successfully last time it was edited I’m guessing?

I am using “Visual Studio Code” to edit the files via smb mounted drive.
The file is working fine now and has not given any problems since.

1 Like