Error while installing openhab cloud on pine64 "node --version"

Hello,

i have some problems to install openhab cloud.

Now we need to change into the openhabcloud directory and check if node is installed:

node --version
If i run this comand after clone clone the openHAB Cloud repository the command is not found.

I using a pine64. Do i have to install the node manually?

@snowy

You need to install the proper node version. It seems you overjumped this in the Quick Start:

Note: At the moment openHAB Cloud needs a specific version (0.10.48) of Node.js installed. You can install Node Version Manager locally to manage the needed Node.js version.

Let me know if it worked for you.

BR Mehmet

i get this error
root@localhost:~# n 0.10.48

install : node-v0.10.48
       mkdir : /usr/local/n/versions/node/0.10.48
       fetch : https://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.48/node-v0.10.48-linux-x86.tar.gz
######################################################################## 100,0%
/usr/local/bin/n: line 552: /usr/local/bin/node: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
   installed :

Is a Version for x64 available?

I download the node-v0.10.48-linux-x64.tar.gz and extracted it to /usr/local/n/versions/node/0.10.48/.
Whne i want to use it

n use v0.10.48

i get this error

/usr/local/bin/n: line 616: /usr/local/n/versions/node/0.10.48/bin/node: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

have someone a idea do solve this error or how can i install the right version of nots on x64 system?

@snowy,

I willcheck and get back to you. I dont have the same setup but will do my best

@snowy,

I did a quick research. I think n use v0.10.48 takes the wrong binary.

See this link or check this link.
Be sure you removed the old binary and cleaned up.

What OS are you using on pine64? Ubuntu?

I using ubuntu 14.04.

How can i clean up the old binary. Can i only delete the folder in /usr/local/n/versions/node/0.10.48/?

I do not understand this command in the link 2?
tar --strip-components 1 -xzf /usr/save/node-v4.2.1-linux-x64.tar.gz

I have the “node-v0.10.48-linux-x64.tar.gz” in /home/download/
and this path is not existing for me “/usr/save/”

I think i found the error for pine64 i need a arm64 version! The Version v0.10.48 is not available for arm64.
What can i do to use the openhab cloud with the pine?

@snowy,

we will update node sometime. It will need code changes and after that you might use it on pine64.
Until than you can think of the following ways:

• You simply use http://myopenhab.org to access your oh on your pine64
  • You install oh cloud on another device, laptop, any machine of choice without the arm restriction

I will also take a look why there is no arm version of 0.10.48.
Sorry but at the moment this what I can help with…

I move to OH2 with a new installation of my pine64. Now i using the ubuntu 16.04.1.

How big is the chance to get the arm64 version of 0.10.48?

@snowy Are you sure that you want to run an openHAB Cloud on your PINE64? Or do you merely want to connect to a openHAB Cloud instance (such as myopenhab.org) from an openHAB runtime on a PINE64?

I only want to to connect to openHAB Cloud from my openHAB runtime.

I was looking at running openhab cloud on my pine64. Would like to keep everything internal so i don’t have to rely on a external cloud. I’m just worried about security.
Been doing a lot of reading and seems like a big challenge to get a cloud working on the Pine64.

Okay now i using the myopenhab service with the openHAB cloud connector.