Errors with persistence groups

Hi,

I get a load of error messages because the persistence is trying to store data related to the groups I have setup.

e.g.

[ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query ‘Back_Room’.

Is there an easy way of setting up the persistence to ignore groups - which will never have any data?

Please post your .persist file. Unless you explicitly told it not to it should be ignoring groups.

here it is

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the “Items” section Strategies {
Strategies {
everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
everyDay : “0 0 0 * * ?”
// if no strategy is specified for an item entry below, the default list will be used
default = everyChange
}

// Each line in this section defines for which item(s) which strategy(ies) should be applied.
// You can list single items, use “" for all items or "groupitem” for all members of a group
// item (excl. the group item itself).
Items {
// persist all items once a day and on every change and restore them from the db at startup
* : strategy = everyChange, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
// additionally, persist all temperature and weather values every hour
Temperature*, Weather* : strategy = everyHour
}

Not sure what is wrong. I have a very similar setup only I’m using different DBs (MapDB and rrd4j) and don’t have any errors. Perhaps this is a MySQL binding issue.

I use mysql and mine does the same thing. I removed the default and added each item I wanted manually. Lots of work and a royal pain but I had persistence crash several times due to bad index errors (something like that) related to items I didn’t even care about persisting (groups primarily). Ultimately it was a reliability tweak.

Strangely, I restarted OpenHAB and the error is no longer happening.

I’ll keep an eye on it!

I am taking this on to this thread instead of starting a new one because I was having similar issues. I have two items each in its own group: one in gTemp and one in gHum. Then I added a second group to each item: ‘GF_LivingRoom’. I then changed the name of the group to ‘gGFLivingRoom’. I set up a chart to show the items from the group and as soon as I opened the Basic UI to view the chart it complained with Unable to find table for query ‘gGFLivingRoom’.

So I changed the items to only have them belong to one group, gTemp or gHum. No more error, but of course I no longer have the chart with both items on it :frowning:

Using mysql storage

I think I figured out what was happening in my case. I was truing to chart a group that was not at the lowest level, in other words there was a subgroup of the group I wanted to chart and that subgroup had the items in it. I changed the sitemap to chart a group that had no subgroups, just items, and it worked