Etherrain Sprinkler Controller Binding

I have written a binding for the Etherrain line of sprinkler controllers. (http://www.quicksmart.com/qs_etherrain.html)

It works great for my own home, but I was wondering if I should publish. Is there any interest?

Publish away young man.
You can post the details here.
You can make the binding available in the market place pending approval for merging with the main repo.
You can PR it on the main repo and seek approval for inclusion.

The more bindings the better, go ahead.

Thanks

Okay, finally got around to cleaning it up and submitting a pull request. Please let me know if you have any interest in testing or would like a jar

1 Like

Hello Joe,

I would like to test the etherrain binding, i have created a homeseer plugin, but i am preparing switching to openhab. Therefore i need to get my devices going, one of them is the etherrain!

Regards,

Frans

Hi Frans,

I will try to get it compiled today. I got pulled away from Openhab for a bit.

I should have some time to work on it this evening…I have things I need to fix for my PR anyway.

-Joe

Great! thanks in advance,

Frans

any news Joe?

Hello Joe, please provide me with a testbuild of the etherrain, i could really use it for our irrigation

Sorry for the delay…I have been travelling and work has been hectic. I am updating my IDE now…will try to get something out today.

I have been working on and off for the past few days on this. What I have managed to do is completely screw up my build IDE as they are changing build frameworks and it’s not well documented how to get the new one working. I currently don’t have time to dig through and get an IDE up and going or go back to a stable version. I apologize for this as I want my code out there, but we will have to wait until the code base gets a bit more stable or some of my time frees up.

Hello Joe,

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you manage to get it working again soon.

Frans

Hi Frans,

@posixx, I have my environment up and running again. I have also ported over to the new binding structure. Seems to be working in the IDE. Are you still interested in getting a jar?

-Joe

Hello Joe,

Ofcourse! currenlty i am using sendHttpGetRequest to start irrigation but this is more of a workaround. Please let me know how to get my hands on the testbuild!

Joe? I didn’t hear from you after my last post…

Alive Joe?

@posixx I am sorry for the delay. I have been extremely busy at work and home. I have some time this afternoon to try to get this together. However, it looks like my IDE environment is out of date again…hopefully they will get this stable soon. So, I will post on here by the end of the day where I am at.

I did manage to upgrade to 2.5M2. So there is that.

Okay, I have something working…again. Here is a google drive link to the latest built jar:

Hello Joe,

Sorry i don’t use openhab anymore, i’m a happy hass user now:-)

Frans