EU Zigbee dongle

I have installed the snapshot branch of openhab and did an apt-get upgrade prior adding the Xiaomi device. So I’m pretty sure I’m using the latest snapshot of openhab and the binding too.

I had similar experiences. Although I don’t have the log to hand the interesting bit was that there was a “node leaving network” packet received just before the device went offline.

Hopefully I will have some time tonight to re-add my square Aqara sensor and help get additional log files.

I think I have seen something like this too, but I don’t remember in which logfile. Can you tell me which log I should look into?

The openhab.log file. You need to enable debug logging of course first…

OK, I have enabled debug level logging. I will start with the Xiaomi sensor from scratch this evening and post a complete log.

Hello guys,

We have created 2 new products, compatible with OpenHAB ZigBee bindings:

Both of them are compatible and tested with latest OpenHAB and latest Z-Wave Binding.
We have also prepared User Guides on how to set them up.

Hope you find them useful.

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for - unfortunately only for windows?
Could it be running on a virtual Ubuntu machine when the OpenHAB is running on the windows machine?

Or will there be any drivers for windows?

Sorry for the confusion.
The USB Adapter is cross-platform.
It uses the CP2102 USB -> UART converter, which was described before in this thread and used by Telegesis stick as well.

On Windows it looks like this (Device manager):
EZBUSBA_windows

On Ubuntu it is detected as Serial Port:
EZBUSBA_ubuntu

Yes, on Windows you might need to install drivers additionally. But this is described both in this thread and for example here: How to Install Drivers on Windows

Also, we have a detailed instruction on how to setup OpenHAB to use this adapter.

Thanks… sorry for the misunderstanding :slight_smile:
Then I’ll order one and test :slight_smile:

Same problem here:

I was very happy to get the Aqara Body Motion Sensor and the Door/Window Sensor recognized wiithout the Aqara (Xiaomi) Bridge by using the Telegesis USB Stick.

Everything working well but after a few minutes the Aqara devices went offline.

openhab events.log just notes: "2018-05-18 20:50:59.585 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:device:04000B3F:00158d00020599fc’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE
"

i found no other way to get them back to online status than delete the things and do a new discovery.

Did you get anywhere with this? I also have this problem, which is very weird, I had a few Aqara devices working on 2.2 with the SNAPSHOT build of the Zigbee binding everything was stable for the Zigbee binding.
But (about) when the change in ESH made the 2.3 add-ons not work on 2.2 this exact problem started to happen for me.

I have been trying to nail the logs for this since, but I cannot get anything good, the only thing I find is: It worked perfectly, then I upgraded (now on 2.3 RC1) and now it doesn’t.

@chris you are not using Telegensis are you? That is the coordinator I use, what about you @Eberhart? Could that be an issue with these devices?

(And if someone finds the silence from me concerning: newborn baby+new job=zero time)

I have multiple systems running Telegesis, Ember and XBee. Occasionally I also use the TI CC2531, but Telegesis and Ember are my main systems at the moment.

Great piece of hardware !. So anyone tested the Elelabs Zigbee USB out with OpenHab ?

• Does the USB version work on a RPi based openHab ?
  • Does it work with all zigbee profiles ?
  • Does it work with HUE ?
  • Does it work with IKEA lamp motion and switches devices ?
  • I read posts that are indicating (for other zibee USB devices) the commutation stops after x hours and openhab has to be restarted to get it working again. Its this device not having this issue ?
  • what version of openhab did you use ?

I am currently running as main controller Domoticz on an RPi (zwave) and evaluating Openhab (Zwave and would love to add ZigBee). Also using Homey (for test) having ZigBee and zwave build in but it has some very annoying delays .

Thanks,
Michel

Check the readme for the binding for an (incomplete) list of devices supported.

I believe that this is solved - I’ve had no reports of this for a long time.

We have prepared a User Guide on how to work with Elelabs ZigBee USB with OpenHAB.

Does the USB version work on a RPi based openHab ?
Yes. It does.
Does it work with all zigbee profiles ?

The adapter itself can work with ZHA, ZLL, Energy measurement profiles, but to my understanding ZigBee OpenHAB binding supports only ZHA profile right now. Though it can still work with the ZLL devices, just doesn’t support all the features, ZLL offers.

Does it work with HUE ?
Yes. It does. At least tested with the bulbs. More devices are on the test list.
Does it work with IKEA lamp motion and switches devices ?
Lamp yes, motion and switches to be tested.
I read posts that are indicating (for other zibee USB devices) the commutation stops after x hours and openhab has to be restarted to get it working again. Its this device not having this issue ?
Have not seen yet. Would appreciate a link to the problem description to get a deep look.
what version of openhab did you use ?
The required support for Elelabs USB Adapter was added since 2.3.0 ZigBee binding version. So 2.3.0+

Check the issues list - there are a couple of open issues. One I think is resolved through a thread blocking issue in the ASH layer, and I think is closed. The other is possibly still there for large networks. I will take a look at closing some of these as there have been no reports on this for many months.

I guess the answer to this question is that as this is simply a standard Ember NCP, IF the problem is still there, then this device will also suffer the problem.

Both my Xiaomi sensors and Philips Hue dimmer are discovered and then drop out the network within a few hours. I don’t have any other devices to test but, at least in my experience, I would say it’s still an issue.

If you have an issue, then please comment on it, and PLEASE provide logs so we can see if it’s the same issue and try and resolve it.

It’s very common for people to say “I have the same issue”, but without real information (ie logs!) it’s often very difficult to confirm this.

I doubt this is related to the issue that is reported on the issues list at the moment where the whole binding locks up due to too much traffic. Of course it could be, in which case this is a known issue, but if you only have a small number of devices, this is probably not the problem.

I should also add that the Xiaomi devices are well known for dropping off the network - there are also comments about this on other forums (eg SmartThings). These are not ZigBee compliant and I think don’t support routing properly, and I think will only connect to the coordinator directly…

I’m having issues with the Philips Hue dimmer too which as I understand is certified as ZigBee compliant.

I’ve raised https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/issues/215 which has a log attached

1 Like