Eurotronic Spirit - Unsupported mode type 31

When i am setting MANUAL heat mode on Paper UI dashboard it was translated to thermostat_mode 31, but it was not recognized properly and following error occurs:

2018-11-19 19:13:08.108 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: Command received zwave:device:512:node13:thermostat_mode --> 31 [DecimalType]
2018-11-19 19:13:08.116 [DEBUG] [lass.ZWaveThermostatModeCommandClass] - NODE 13: setValueMessage 31, modeType empty false
2018-11-19 19:13:08.121 [ERROR] [lass.ZWaveThermostatModeCommandClass] - NODE 13: Unsupported mode type 31
2018-11-19 19:13:08.125 [WARN ] [nverter.ZWaveThermostatModeConverter] - NODE 13: Generating message failed for command class = COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE, endpoint = 0
2018-11-19 19:13:08.128 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 13: No messages returned from converter

How to solve this issue?
I would like to open valve manually, beacuse i am not happy how HEAT MODE works - it does not open fully valve when desired temperature is below current temperature.

1 Like

What version OH are you running?

Version 2.4.0.M5
does not work also on latest snapshot

I just wanted to start exactly same thread. I’m tired of how those heaters work - I’m starting to think about selling those. I can’t manage to set it up properly. Either those thermostats heating to much or to low. I tried to use external temperature (Xiaomi Aquara one) but this didn’t solved problem either. I think that the only solution is to actually implement PI/PID regulator manually and use Xiaomi/Spirit temperature sensor to open the valve when is needed.

Hi All,

Same issue here. I use OH 2.4 M6
2018-11-27 23:18:48.598 [ERROR] [lass.ZWaveThermostatModeCommandClass] - NODE 18: Unsupported mode type 31
2018-11-27 23:18:48.603 [WARN ] [nverter.ZWaveThermostatModeConverter] - NODE 18: Generating message failed for command class = COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE, endpoint = 0

The “Full Power”, “OFF” and “Heat” mode work as espected!

BR,
O.

Well, I see it here in the code. Not sure why it’s showing up as unsupported.

since snapshot 1443 I get no temperature value any more. Can anyone verify this.

Number RadiatorThermostat01_Temperature         "Temperatur [%.1f °C]"       { channel="zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node76:sensor_temperature"}

The modeType MANUAL is missing in the Spirit node xml files located

$OPENHAB_USERDATA/zwave

Extract of one Spirit node file:

<entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <versionSupported>3</versionSupported>
              <modeTypes>
                <modeType>HEAT</modeType>
                <modeType>OFF</modeType>
                <modeType>FULL_POWER</modeType>
                <modeType>HEAT_ECON</modeType>
              </modeTypes>
              <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
          </entry>

Maybe I miswrote it. The “sensor_temperature” channel exists in habmin, but gives me no data anymore. With z-wave 2.3 binding all went well. The other channels are working.

Indeed,

<entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <versionSupported>3</versionSupported>
              <modeTypes>
                <modeType>OFF</modeType>
              </modeTypes>
              <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__THERMOSTAT__MODE>
          </entry> 

OH 2.4 M6

Sorry, I used wrong replay button :smile:

If I understood the manual right, there is no “manual”-state available. Only the 4 in the xml file. Seams all is OK.

Extract from the manual

That’s what we are talking about. Manual control of the valve.

You are right, I misinterpreted this.

Can you verify this, please?
Since snapshot 1443 I get no temperature value any more. Channel is there, but no value received from device.

This topic is about unsupported mode type 31 of the Spirit Z-Wave Plus.
Please open a new topic with your problem. I’m sure you’ll get answers … :wink:

And it appears to be defined properly in the database.
Device%20List%202018-11-28%2007-29-46

I think @chris will need to chime in on this one…

Maybe the entire xml file of a Spirit node is needed…

network_ee3a339d__node_2.xml (16.8 KB)

Can I possible to resolve this issue or we need edit in binding?

I would also like to bump this. I used manual mode successfully with Fhem, but am unable in OpenHAB2 with the above message:
[ERROR] [lass.ZWaveThermostatModeCommandClass] - NODE 5: Unsupported mode type 31
[WARN ] [nverter.ZWaveThermostatModeConverter] - NODE 5: Generating message failed for command class = COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE, endpoint = 0

I noticed this myself as well, but for now it sufficied for me to regulate temperature, or set to 0 or 100% (OFF and BOOST/FULL POWER) respectively.

I just checked the file that @FraPi provided, which only has the following mode types for COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE :

<modeTypes>
    <modeType>OFF</modeType>
</modeTypes>

So indeed Manual seems to be missing here.