Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave errors

This may depend on how you have OH configured. There are options to automatically approve new things that are added to the inbox, and there is an option to automatically create items for new things. The binding will add any devices it finds on startup in to the inbox - if you have auto approve enabled, and “simple mode” enabled, then this will automatically create the thing and the items.

Maybe this explains it?

That was a good idea to check that as I had not but I have those both off. Adding pic to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

I have also tried adding them via PaperUI and Habmin with same results.

Yes - that’s what I was talking about.

I’m not sure then - sorry. If the thing is coming back after it’s deleted, and adding channels etc,then I guess something in the core is not deleting the data. The only other thing I can think of, which is probably not likely, and that is if the json database isn’t being updated. If it was not re-written when the thing is deleted, then they would re-appear when the system is restarted.

It’s a longshot, but after that, I’m not sure what would cause this.

Ok I can remove now and wait till afternoon to add back. I’ll take a look at the jsondb as well (although I’m not too familiar with an easy way to search in there) to make sure it’s not there and go from there. If that doesn’t work I will try removing the node and see if that works. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Ok so I looked through the jasondb thing and items files and I found nothing. There was no mention of the thermostat which is good. I went ahead and added the thing and again, it populated all the items. So I thought ok its weird but let’s go with it. I tested again and nothing still not working. I deleted all the items and recreated them with different names just I had done with the thing. Still nothing. I then removed all traces of things and items and verified they were gone from the jasondb files. At this point, I was out of ideas so I went ahead and removed the node and then I added it back again. No issues doing that but again everything works except for the setpoints for cooling and heating. Back to square one. Also validated json files are updating correctly as you suspected. The openhab.log shows the same thing only with a different node number now.

2018-07-18 23:03:11.490 [ERROR] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 71: Command received with no implementation (QuantityType).

Either way, if anyone thinks of anything, i’m about to try anything. That’s actually the feature I use most in the thermostat :frowning: . Here is how my item is set up…( by default I must add)

Did you create the items in a file or using PaperUI? If in a file, could you please post them?

Please use the latest binding, and check the debug logs during the binding initialisation to see if there are any errors during the thing handler initialisation.

@5iver I created everything with PaperUI.

@chris The only thing that catches my eye as a warning is this below but it doesn’t seem like that would cause an error as the thermostat value I assume should be a decimal. I messaged you a bigger section of the debug output.

2018-07-19 07:46:43.654 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 71: Invalid item type defined (DecimalType). Assuming DecimalType

Moving to this thread as it seems others are having the same issue. honeywell-zwave-thermostat-in-openhab2

Are you sure you are using the latest development binding? This error should not occur like this in the latest binding, so I’m suspicious that you are using an older one?

Can I suggest let’s keep the discussion here. The other thread seems to be talking about serial port problems and other issues -we’ll end up going backwards if we’re not careful and mixing up a lot of issues.

@chris I will double check it in a few hours and let you know. Also have no issue leaving our conversation here, I just thought it was the same issue based on what I read. I’ll try again tonight and report back.

@chris I updated the binding to the latest.

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
181 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.4.0.201807242215     │ ZWave Binding

I also sent you a PM with the entire log file. I didn’t see the same message but also don’t see anything that strikes me as odd.

Installed is not what you want, the binding must be Active.
Check if you have two bindings installed or did not uninstall the old one properly.

Ok now you got me. I didn’t realize that. So the old binding file was deleted from the add-ons folder and the new one was downloaded. I then stopped and started openhab2. Will look around for documentation on how to make sure it’s active. Hopefully that’s my error then. The weird thing is that everything else is working. I’ll report back.

Ok that wasn’t it, I just checked again and it is Active. I must have copied and pasted that before the restart of openhab after deleting old binding. But I am glad you brought that up because all I was focused on was the files date.

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave                     181 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201807242215     │ ZWave

Well spotted!

The log doesn’t seem to have so much. It shows the initialisation is ok -:

2018-07-24 22:33:14.035 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 71: Initialising state channel zwave:device:51324ebd:node71:thermostat_setpoint_heating for QuantityType

However I don’t see any commands either to or from the device - this is all I see in the log -:

I was expecting to see the device complete initialisation, and for you to change the temperature (or something), but I don’t see this.

So, when you say that this version didn’t work - what exactly did, or didn’t work?

Hey Chris, sorry thought you just wanted to see the initialization part and failed to try toggling the setpoints up and down. The only thing that does not work is sending commands to either the heating or cooling setpoints from any OH Interface. I missed trying to send a command after the reboot. I will do this again tonight. I agree that looking through the initialization routine looks good. My sitemap all works except when I call it up, the setpoints are both empty. I can go up and down on the setpoints but nothing happenes.

Hey dumb question, I see what you posted and it looks like you have a parser for the data. Is that available for me to use as well? What tool is that? Either way I will try to send you a log with what you need tonight.

Ok Chris just sent you an email with updated log that includes me toggling both cooling and heating setpoints.

@chris now I am really confused. After I did my reboot to get you the log, it seems that the setpoints are now changing the thermostat values which is good. They aren’t updating on my sitemap however and when I refresh the sitemap, they are just empty. I was missing the tags I use to save persistence from when I deleted and re-added the things / items. I added those back and persistence is working but I still can’t see it in my sitemap. The value comes up when I hit the + or - but when I refresh the page it is gone.