Event bus "stalled" after upgrade to OH 2.4

• Platform information:

• Hardware: x86_64 - virtual machine using kvm
    • Java Runtime Environment: Oracle Java version “1.8.0_181”
    • openHAB version: 2.4
  • Issue of the topic:
    I did an apt-get upgrade the other day on my Ubuntu 18.04 installation.
    This installed OH 2.4 as well.

About every 24 hours OH stops reacting to events. This means no input from Paper UI or Android Smartphone App is processed. No events are triggered/displayed in the event.log. This problem is not limited to user interactions. My motions sensors/thermostats etc. do not generate events anymore as well.
The event.log effectively displays no new events anymore.

A systemctl status openhab2 shows that the service is running.
Paper UI is displayed in the browser, seems to react normal.

I suspect that somehow the event bus is crashed, while the rest of OH operates normally.
A restart of the OH service solves the problem for about 24 hrs. Then the problem occurs again.
I set the openhab.log to “debug” but can not make sense out of it. There are no ERRORs logged.

After upgrade to OH I did clear the cache.
I am running the following bindings:
Xiaomi Mi
MQTT
ZWave

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed with trouble shooting or has an idea what the problem is?

Thanks!

Without error logs it’s hard to say.:neutral_face:

I would maybe try removing one binding at a time to see if it’s a binding issue and which one. If you narrow it down to a single binding then enable DEBUG and post the results. Hopefully someone here can use the info to help fix your issue.:crossed_fingers:

I did install both the 2.4 and 1 version of the MQTT Plug-In. I uninstalled the 2.4 version for the time being.
It is really annoying that no ERRORs are logged.
So far I have not experienced the problem since my initial post in this blog. Hopefully it does not happen again, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

.:crossed_fingers::+1::smile:

If you have a rasberry pi or other device maybe try installing a testing OH on it to investigate and troubleshoot.

I have exaclty the same problem. It happens nearly every day and even with logging set to DEBUG I can’t seen anything in the logs before the events stop coming. I have also installed version 1 and 2 of the MQQT binding and the zwave binding. I will try to deactive the mqtt2 binding to see if the problem stops.

My brother had a similar problem which was solved by moving to mqtt binding version 2 and removing version 1
Not sure if he can answer here.
@furax54

Yes same problem here until I disable MQTT v1 … switch yous items to MQTT2 and it will work flawlessly.