Event log aesthetic issue (not very important)

Hello all,

I’ve been using openhab for the last two years and during this time, I realized there was a minor issue with the log. While I’m reading the log using “log viewer tool” from openHAB I see that “some letters are missing”… For instance, these messages are from my log:

2019-01-05 22:22:08.870 [ERROR] [nal.provider.AbstractWeatherProvider]
2019-01-05 22:22:08.945 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent]
2019-01-05 22:07:08.872 [WARN ] [eather.internal.bus.WeatherPublisher]

So clearly some letters are missing at the beginning of each log message. At first, I thought there was a fixed length and everything beyond that length was cut but, as this example shows, the length for the first message is different from the length for the second message and both are missing some letters.

[nal.provider.AbstractWeatherProvider]
[vent.ItemStateChangedEvent]

Well, of course this is not an important issue and it’s more an aesthetic one. Is there any way to change the length so messages can be reported properly?

By the way, before sending this message, I’ve been googling in the web but with no success, Sorry if this has been posted before.

Thank you very much.

Yes,

It is located in the user data folder
In a standard apt installation or openHABian:
/var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg

Line 100 - openhab.log

log4j2.appender.out.layout.pattern = %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%-5.5p] [%-36.36c] - %m%n

Line 113 - event.log

log4j2.appender.event.layout.pattern = %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%-26.26c] - %m%n

You can increase the 26 to something bigger
It should take immediate effect