Examples of HABPanel Solutions

Looks great. I would be glad if you could share your fantastic layout. So that we can use it ourself.

1 Like

@Felix_Raetz I’m happy to share it, I’ve wanted to for awhile, I just don’t know the proper/best way to do so, as I’ve also themed Grafana and Frontail to match. Maybe I’ll tidy the code a bit and open a new thread and share the css overrides?

5 Likes

That would be brilliant. Just starting up and I would love to use what you have created.

1 Like

Hello!

It would be really great if you would share your HABPanel theme. It looks awesome and I would like to have something like that on my wall panel.

Best regards,
Davor

Being able to replicate some of the dakboard interface would be pretty cool. Especially the calendar and to-do options.

I’ve released the theme I showed above, in a new thread.

Hi friend, I’m newbie in openhab. Could you send me you habpanel code to see how can I edit and take some examples of this? Really looks good.

Thanks.

Dash view in my kitchen - still a work in progress but mostly informational widgets with some basic controls for lights and kitchen audio

4 Likes

nice!

which widget are you using for the Energy Usage?
(or it’s a Grafana panel?)

Yes, just a grafana panel :slight_smile:

What is this inside the two small widgests left of the vebcam view? Is this also a webcam view of a not-smart thermometer or powermeter?

Does anyone have advice to someone who is just about to setup habpanel on tablets? Any features I need to check the tablet has or what screen ratio works best, 16:10 or 4:3 ? Looking at teclast x80 power at the moment.

Correct - I have a webcam hooked up to a RPi pointed towards my pre-paid power meter, and solar geyser controller. Not able to integrate with these so just take shots of the values. Tried a few OCR options but proved to be quite unreliable.

any tablet will work, also the cheap one.

as dashboard wall mounted tablet I’m using a 10" android (xido x111). so totally cheap with 1280x720 resolution. but my advise is to directly buy a bigger one, at least >12" like the hanspree 13,3". I will also upgrade later.

what I would advise is to buy tablet(s) with the same resolution (if you buy more than one). because habpanel looks a lot different with different resolutions.

as app my advise goes to fully kiosk browser, which has some nice and important features like motion detection from camera (to automatically turn on the display if you stay in front of it), auto reload on network loss etc.

2 Likes

What about habpanelviewer app?

Hey Mark,

Amazing job! What kind of device do you show your Dashboard on? Is it a tablet / computer or?

I would like to know the size of the screen / resolution in order to achieve so many information on one screen :).

Hi Yoinkz

Thanks - I use a 23" Dell touchscreen (full hd - 1920x1080) hooked up to an Intel Compute Stick. I just run Chrome in kiosk mode.

Here are some other photos of the physical installation:

!

!

24 Likes

Wow, this is a high-end solution :+1:

1 Like

Which Compute stick are you using? Is it fast and snappy using HABPanel?

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Examples of HABPanel Solutions:

I love the model, can you share the code?:sorrindo: