Exception in logs with LIFX

I am seeing this in the logs every 15 seconds and it’s quite annoying…

22:28:05.548 [WARN ] [ommon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 88 is not a valid product ID
        at org.openhab.binding.lifx.internal.protocol.Product.getProductFromProductID(Product.java:282) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.lifx.internal.LifxLightPropertiesUpdater.handleResponsePacket(LifxLightPropertiesUpdater.java:153) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.lifx.internal.LifxLightCommunicationHandler.lambda$3(LifxLightCommunicationHandler.java:243) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:895) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at org.openhab.binding.lifx.internal.LifxLightCommunicationHandler.lambda$2(LifxLightCommunicationHandler.java:243) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_265]

I bought this LIFX light, which was not discovered via Paper UI, but it works perfectly fine when added in a .things file like this:
Thing lifx:whitelight:bedroom:nightstand_1 [ deviceId="D073D5604A51", fadetime=150 ]

And then I have an item for the brightness.
Dimmer Brightness "Brightness" {channel="lifx:whitelight:bedroom:nightstand_1:brightness"}

Any idea how to fix this?

I can have a look to improve the exception handling in case the product ID doesn’t exist.

That product ID also seems to be missing from the list of known products published by LIFX:

I’ve created an issue to ask if it is a known product:

Normally any new products are added to their list and I then add them to the binding to prevent these issues.

Thanks for your help!

The product list got updated and I’ve added them to the binding and also fixed the exception when using a light with an unknown product ID:

These fixes should also be part of the upcoming 2.5.10 release which will hopefully be released this weekend. :slight_smile:

1 Like