Exception on polling ZWave NODE 0

I keep seeing the error below every 30 mins. No visible impact so far.
Not sure but i think it started after I deleted the thing of a device that does no longer exist on my network.

EDIT: restarted OH and now removed that device from the controller, too.
Didn’t happen again so far but will need to wait another 30 mins.

2019-12-21 14:24:13.812 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 0: Polling aborted due to exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler$1.run(ZWaveThingHandler.java:381) [bundleFile:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_222]

Hmmm. Interesting.
I thought Node 0 was generally the controller.

No that’s node 1.

OK. I had a controller once that showed as Node 1 when I first purchased it but the nodes counted up from there. After I reset the controller, it showed as Node 0.

Do you have a debug log?

There is no such thing as node 0 - it’s not an allowable node ID, so something must have been very broken in your system at this stage.

1 Like

Sorry, my memory was “off by 1”. :frowning:
My Zooz controller was originally Node 2 and is now Node 1 after the reset.

Yes, but it’s really only that message to stand out.
Now looking back in time I found it’s also in the oldest log already so it probably began well in the past where I don’t have logs (will have a look at my backup).

Sometimes capturing a Debug log as the binding starts up is useful.

Guess what, that’s what I did. But as I said already

1 Like