just as information…
I provided an “external rule engine” for OpenHAB.
- connects to OpenHAB via REST API
- gets updated by change notifications about state changes of items, groups, things
- reads and caches states of items, groups and things.
- change states via COMMANDs and UPDATEs
- write your own rule classes, subscribe for state changes and cron events
- runs as daemon (command line interface: --start/–stop; so far no service script for a system daemon)
- programming language: Python 3 (use your favorite tools incl. debugger, unittests, code inspection)
- Python programming skills required.