Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mysensors'

Hi there,

I’m using by manual install on an ArchLinux Odroid U2 system with OpenHAB 2.5.1. Everything is working like a charm now, but I got in openhab.log following error items:

2020-01-19 14:06:04.297 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mysensors'
2020-01-19 14:07:05.305 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mysensors'

The mysensors binding is working, without any issues. I use the snapshot 2.5.0 dated 30th November. I followed the installation guideline, serial and mqtt are okay. I use a serial gateway with Wemos D1 mini pro and RFM69.

Maybe some ideas how to get rid of this error message?

Have you searched the forum? Your question has already been answered

Yes, I searched the forum several times. Anyway maybe I miss some solution. Feel free to mention the link, I will try…

What version of java are you using?

Also see here for mysensor issues. https://community.openhab.org/search?q=mysensors

I tried the “mysensors” search already, nothing solve my issue. Keep in mind, the mysensors binding is working, without any issues. There is just the error message in the openhab.log. All sensor communication is working perfect. I use the Zulu 8.42.0.195 32bit-arm HF.

Last step was to use a complete new manual installation OpenHAB 2.5.1, just copy the /conf directory and the persistence files. Also doesn’t help, still this message.

Everything is functional, just every minute the error message in the openhab.log

Have you checked your EXTRA_JAVA_OPS in etc/default/openhab2 to see if they are correct? It’s been mentioned that this can get overwritten during an upgrade.

Where did you get that snapshot? Because there is a pull request for mysensors. However the code in that pull request is still based on the old build system. So if that is not fully migrated or only half migrated in the build you have, it could explain the error message. Are you in contact with the developer of the binding? It’s best to ask the developer on what the status is?

Thanks for your feedback guys. Due to I use the manual install, I don’t use the /etc/default/openhab2 file. Also I install complete new and don’t use the ./runtime/bin/update.

I don’t contact the developer actually. I use the snapshot from his webpage. Maybe one possible reason is, the OpenHAB is revision 2.5.1 and the mysensors snapshot is 2.5.0. But with my Yamaha receiver I use a snapshot 2.5.2 without issues (the 2.5.1 from original OpenHAB addons doesn’t work for me). I checked GitHub and see there was a plan to integrate mysensors in the original OpenHAB addons, but it was postponed to a later version.

Do you mean you put the jar file in the addons directory?

No, only a version difference will never be the problem. The number is just a number and has no meaning.

At this moment I doubt it’s wise to invest more time in this and to nvestigate this further without knowing what code actually behind this jar is and without feedback from the original author. The developer seem to have the intention to update the pull request to have it in the addons. So let’s hope the developer will follow-up.

Manual install means, the complete OpenHAB installation on ArchLinuxArm. I copied everything in /opt/openhab2, instead of using a complete operation system image. But this should not cause the issue, works since many years flawlessly. For sure also the mysensors jar file (above link) is copied in ./addons folder, beside the official both jar file collections.

Everything is working, so it’s just the error message, which spams every minute in my openhab.log. Let’s wait how the pull request in the official addons for mysensors continue.

Any news from authors?

I was very happy at first, when I’ve red about OH2 > MySensors > Firmata binding.

That would be an ideal tool to connect easily extra IO + Analog + I2C + 1Wire ports to a Raspberry via USB and Ethernet.
(An Arduino NANO clone costs $6 and has 12 IO + 6 PWR +++ and it takes 1 minute to upload a Firmata to it.)

But now I see that: