Failed to parse server certificates error when using mqtt ssl in openhab3 (self signed certificate)

I am trying to configure a new openHAB3 installation on my kubernetes PI cluster.

When I try to configure the mqtt binding with secure ssl I get the following error:

io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Failed to parse server certificates

I haven’t got a clue on why this is happening and how to fix it :frowning:

I use mosquitto as an mqtt broker. I can connect to the broker using ssl from other software so the broker itself is working fine.

I am using a self signed certificate in the kubernetes cluster (using cert-manager).

Can I configure openhab to allow for self signed certificates? Or how else to fix this problem?

This may help

java - Resolving javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed Error? - Stack Overflow

Thanks for your help Sunny!

Unfortunately I now nothing of JAVA and this seems way over my head. I’m ‘just’ an openHAB user using it as sort of a black box. So far this approach worked quite well with openHAB 2.5, but ssl seems rather complicated to use it seems :frowning: