Failed Upgrade to Snapshot build 624

Hi,
I tried to do an apt-get to upgrade. My version is from 23th October 2016, and I’m ugrading to yesterday build 624.
I have no customization in addon.cfg, and during apt i select to overwrite it with the new one.
After service restart, I’m not be able to access to web console to launch paperUI http://myserver:8080, browser stay loading undefinitely, same if I launch OH2 with start.sh.
I had a snapshot of VM and revert back to old version.

I think i need some help on this.

Many Thanks in advance.
Marco

You possibly need to delete the database files, see this post.

Hi @mstormi
thanks for suggestion.
I deletd mapdb folder, and I also deleted this 3 folder, that apt was not able to delete during setup:

dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory ‘/var/lib/openhab2/deploy’: Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory ‘/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf/etc’: Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory ‘/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf’: Directory not empty

But nothing change, the behaviour is the same of my first post.

Marco

Does this provide any error? Or is the running of this script successful?
What is in your /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log?

You say you have no modified addon.cfg, what are its contents now?

Hi @Benjy,
during apt i also get warning for file deletion as mentioned, for all the rest the installation script is run without errors.
addon.cfg is the stock one.
Now I revert to working snapshot my VM, and now OH is controlling the heater and my wife is at home, so i cannot stop it now to perform again the upgrade and collect logs.
I’ll do as soon as possible and I’ll post them here.

Thanks

Marco

This might help:

Thanks a lot,
tomorrow I’ll give it a try

Marco

Hi,
I did more testing today.
After upgrade, OH is working fine, but sometime UIs not.
For example after a reboot, I get my classicUI working very soon (after 10/20 second from service restarted), other UIs like Paper, HabPanel or the interface for choosing the UI, stay undefinetely loading into the browser and nothing are shown.

Marco