Fatek binding

Hi, can anyone tell me what is happening with Fatek binding? https://github.com/openhab/openhab/pull/2784 . Is this binding still in progress?

1 Like

Hi,

I have rebased my PR with the latest master branch - again …
I have also tested it with OpenHab version 1.8.1 and 2.0.2.b2 - looks ok.

If you would like to test you can download compiled binding from:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_zjZMYMK5ssOVJYcFZxOWYtLUE

You can read some documentation in my commit:
https://github.com/slawekjaranowski/openhab/blob/fatekplc/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.fatekplc/README.md

I have used it from many month with OH 1.8 without problems.

1 Like

Ok, I will test it as much as I can. Thanks.

Slawek, could you provide me your ladder implementation which you have used together with this binding? Especially part for rolleshutter.

Yes, I can. First I must remove some my private information from ladder,
I will tray prepare it in weekend.

Hi, @zacofany I put my ladder program for rolleshutters on gogle drive together with binding plugin.

Thanks @slawekjaranowski. I will look into it after weekend asap.

Hi All,
I was testing this binding for 2 weeks on my system configuration:
BananaPi with OpenHAB 1.8.2 running on latest bananian (Debian port) with oracle java 8 (java version “1.8.0_77”)
+Fatek FBs-20MC
+FBs-CM25E
+FBs-CB55
+8xFBs-24EY
+4xFBs-24EX
OpenHAB connected to Fatek via ethernet (TCP) as described in manual with configuration:
fatekplc:refresh=100 # (milliseconds)

It works fine with full provided functionality. I haven’t found any issues in my log connected to this binding.
The only change is that I get is much more frequent warnings:
[WARN ] [osphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster] - Duplicate resource (…) Could be caused by a dead connection not detected by your server. Replacing the old one with the fresh one
However I believe this warning does not have anything to do with the binding itself.

Also I have to admit that performance of this binding is a lot better than modbus binding, so if anybody has Fatek PLC connected to OpenHAB then this is the best choice.
Next month, once I get my Pine64 i will test it on this platform with OpenHAB 2.
Thanks @slawekjaranowski for this binding. Cheers.

@zacofany very thanks for your testing and opinion, now we must wait for approve my PR.

@maintainer is it any chance to review and approve this binding.

I will assign your PR to me for review, and get to it in the next few days. Thanks for your patience.

thanks for taking over @watou!

Ok I will waiting … I take your word for it.

Hi Slawomir, the binding code review is complete. Please see my comments.

Thanks, I saw. I will try to response soon.

1 Like

Hi @slawekjaranowski, are there any news regarding adding Fatek binding to official OpenHAB repository? Are there any updates for the binding? @watou any comments? Cheers.

I merged the binding PR two days ago, and it should appear in an upcoming OH2 build soon. In the meantime, you can get the JAR here.

Hi,

Thanks for merging.

Binding is also available in OH2 distribution.
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your hard work.
There is some issue i believe in the recent snapshots of OH2 used together with habpanel. I cannot tell where the problem is in fact (if it is in Fatek or habpanel).
However it looks like some widgets like “switch” don’t refresh immediately after change.
I have only checked it also with 1st release of your binding and this version works ok and there is no issue with habpanel refreshment.
Did you observed the same behavior, or can you reproduce it by yourself?

Thanks for info. I will try reproduce it.

Do items refresh after some time or don’t refresh at all?

Ok that was a false alarm regarding habpanel related issue. This is the same in classic UI.
I have switch for door lock which I turn on only for 0.2s (OC switch) so there is a timer in fatek ladder which turns switch(marker) off after 0.2s. I have set binding refreshing for 100ms, so it looks like for that fast setting the new binding doesn’t refresh the switch correctly. That was working correctly with the previous binding version though. Now it works only when I change 0.2s to greater value than 0.5s.

Edit. Nah… I’ve checked again, increased refresh timer for switch is 1,5s. Sometimes works sometimes not.