Feature-Installer: Failed installing 'openhab-package-"expert"

I started over with a clean installation of openHAB 2.1 a few days ago, but everytime the system starts i get the following error message:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-"expert"': No matching features for openhab-package-"expert"/0.0.0

It looks like a leftover from the initial install. Apart from the message i do not see any related problems. How do i get rid of this error message?

Thanks for any info.

Did you define it in addons.cfg? If so just comment out the package line and see if that helps. The package really only counts for the initial run and is ignored after that. It might be that the expert package was removed somewhere along the way. You can try using minimal or standard if you prefer.

No, i didn’t define it anywhere. I selected expert-package at first install, but now addons.cfg is empty except for comments.

I have currently BasicUI and PaperUI installed, so i am fine. It’s just that Feature-installer “wants” to install that package, i don’t need it. :wink:

Do you have /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config? Maybe you can change it to minimal or something there to make the error go away. I’ve never seen this error reported on this forum so I don’t really know what is going on.

2 Likes

Yes, this file exist. Thanks. But changing to “minimal” doesn’t help. Error is still there. Funny thing, the file references “expert” again after restart. :smiley:

Looks like this file is not the primary source of the “expert”-reference.

Changing the “package” option in /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg changes the error message to:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-"minimal"': No matching features for openhab-package-"minimal"/0.0.0

:wink:

So i removed the line completely. And the error message is gone. :smiley:

Thanks for the hint.

did you try without the quotes?

My /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg:

package = expert

My /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg:

package = expert
3 Likes

Bingo!

[ExtensionEvent            ] - Extension 'package-expert' has been installed.

That’s it. Thanks. Looks like the file somehow got corrupted by the quotes. There were several other quotes which kept packages from installing.

Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but just ran into the same issue. I noticed several things seemed out of whack when I updated to the newest snapshot, the expert package being one that showed in the logs. It looks like things were either prepended or appended with " in /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg and it caused them to fail. For example, my nest binding was listed as “nest,sonos,
weather”. In this case, both nest and weather failed to load. I removed all " from the file and everything seems fine now. Not sure how this got corrupted.

Just performed a new snapshot installation.
Had the same issue. In my opinion though it is caused by a

'[ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse   ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse'

Full log after startup and selecting Expert in the (first time GUI), subsequently GUI shows 6 tiles Habpanel, Rest API, 
, HABMIN

2018-08-03 23:03:28.712 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://1.30.1.212:8080
2018-08-03 23:03:28.736 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://1.30.1.212:8443
2018-08-03 23:03:44.554 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
2018-08-03 23:03:44.674 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse   ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse.internal.SseActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse.
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:800) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:729) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:933) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:309) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:581) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:449) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:468) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.start(ModuleContainer.java:750) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.applyDelta(ModuleContainer.java:741) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.resolveAndApply(ModuleContainer.java:511) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.resolve(ModuleContainer.java:457) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.refresh(ModuleContainer.java:1001) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerWiring.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1382) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerWiring.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: ClassCastException: attempting to castbundleresource://26.fwk8056047/javax/ws/rs/ext/RuntimeDelegate.class to bundleresource://26.fwk8056047/javax/ws/rs/ext/RuntimeDelegate.class
        at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.findDelegate(RuntimeDelegate.java:146) ~[?:?]
        at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.getInstance(RuntimeDelegate.java:120) ~[?:?]
        at javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType.valueOf(MediaType.java:179) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.SseFeature.<clinit>(SseFeature.java:62) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse.internal.SseActivator.start(SseActivator.java:49) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:779) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:772) ~[?:?]
        ... 15 more
2018-08-03 23:03:44.929 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
2018-08-03 23:03:50.654 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
2018-08-03 23:03:51.566 [INFO ] [assic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /classicui/app
2018-08-03 23:03:51.759 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
2018-08-03 23:03:52.022 [INFO ] [ui.habmin.internal.servlet.HABminApp] - Started HABmin servlet at /habmin
2018-08-03 23:03:52.229 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale': Error restarting bundles:
        Exception in org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse.internal.SseActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse.

I have the same error in the Snapshot of today (1400)

Got the same problem with Package standard or expert.
my
/etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg is completely beginning with ‘#’

/var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg is empty.

2019-06-25 17:22:34.158 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-standard': No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0.0.0

2019-06-25 17:23:34.161 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-package-standard’: No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0.0.0

2019-06-25 17:24:34.161 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-package-standard’: No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0.0.0

2019-06-25 17:25:34.179 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-package-standard’: No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0.0.0

2019-06-25 17:26:34.184 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-package-standard’: No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0.0.0