Few charts on single page

I’m struggling with configuring different graphs on the same page.
I don’t want to present few datasets on the same chat (as they have completely different Y values)
Instead I want to have a simple design and show dataset_1 on top of the page followed by dataset_2,than dataset_3 … As simple few chats one after another.

For a 2 datasets I can ‘guess’ a top and bottom offset and it looks quite good

grid:
    - component: oh-chart-grid
      config:
        height: 38%
        top: 7%
    - component: oh-chart-grid
      config:
        height: 38%
        bottom: 7%

but it’s a challange if I would like to have 5 datasets or add a new one (so I would need to adjust all the numbers).
Is it a smart way to divide a screen to ‘n’ pieces where n is number of datasets to set it up automatically?

In practice, if you’re going to pack that many charts on the screen it’s going to get pretty crowded.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure there’s a good way to make this dynamic at this point. Last time I recall some one trying something like that, the chart components weren’t really compatible with a repeater. Now, some of that chart configuration has changed since then so maybe it’s now doable.

I guess the question to ask yourself is, how often do you really expect this chart page to change. Does it really need to be dynamic or can you just set it up once and let it be. You’ll almost certainly spend more time trying to make it dynamic than just building it once.

I have answered myself- it doesn’t need to be dynamic. I’m just lazy and don’t want to check 100s of different configurations of top/bottom numbers to check what would be the best setup to show 5-6 graphs on the same page.

Whats about creating a Chart widget and place it serveral times at a Page?

1 Like

Thanks @Baschtlwaschtl it’s exactly what I was looking for.
One more question. As I don’t see any chart widget do I need to install it (can’t find it neither), or write by myself? If so, would you be able to share a code of a graph widget?

you have to install widgets or write by yourself…
look here, UI-Widgets
you’ll find one…
greets

Have a look at the discussion here and here. There are some good examples.