Few items no date ouput to influxDB

I didn’t define individual items to presistence, I just output all items output to influxDB when there is changes,

Here is my persistence

Strategies {
	everyMinute	: "0 * * * * ?"
	everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
	everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"

default = everyChange
}
Items {
	* : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
}

In console I type items, got 163 lines, but not all items will update frequently,
I got around 20 items will have update every 5 minutes, and around 20 items will update every 2 minutes,
then I found few items (usually around 1-2 items) status is not stored in influx (it will change to another items from time to time), I have tried drop that measurements with same result until I restart openhab/RPI3 (I am not sure which one get works), but I am pretty sure not all the items status get saved in influxDB, but in console, I confirms the items status get updated just not saved in influxDB.

as not saved items usually happens to 2 minutes update items, does openhab got limit when items updated too frequently? anyone got same issue as mine?

Hardware: RPI 3B,
OS: openhabian, openhab 2.0 with the most update by openhabian-config

With this strategy openHAB only persists every change and not every time an item is updated. Let’s look at the following example.

Let’s say we haven an item which stores the temperatures and sends every 5 minutes an update to openHAB:

timestamp    value
1            20.0
2            20.5
3            20.5
4            21.0
5            21.0

In this example with your persistence strategy you will have in influxDB the following data:

timestamp    value
1            20.0
2            20.5
4            21.0

If you want that every time when the data is updated it also will be persisted, then you have to define:

Items {
	* : strategy = everyUpdate, restoreOnStartup
}

Regards,

André

hi,

Thanks for your explain, I do understand value will save only when value is changed,
issue were I confirm value was changed but data not output to influx.

I have tried to output only part of the item to influx and it make much better,
so is there a limit of items for output to influx?

I don’t know is my system got issue or what,
looks issue come from every change,
when I change to every 2 minutes, everything is in order now.

As I just order 1 more rpi3, I will do a clean install on it and set it as monitor only by few days later see will this happen again