Fgk 10x door sensor battery level reporting

My I ask what binding are you talkin about? The zwave? I’d like also to check my fgk battery level .
Thanks.

Yes - the zwave binding is required to communicate with zwave devices ;).

Right, I was thinking maybe there is another special binding for the alarm setup. I have already 6 zwave devices on my network.
So to check the fgk battery status what do I need to do?
One more thing, please tell me, I would like that when my fgk is open to trigger a FGS 223 and the question is can I do this from habmin using group associates or do I need to create a rule that will handl this?
Thank you.

Take a look at the examples - it shows how to configure a battery item.

Yes - you should be able to configure an association in the FGK101 to send a command to the switch to turn it on without OH. However, you might find it’s more convenient to use a rule as it might be more flexible…

Thanks man I’ll giving a try.

I have the same problem waking up the contact to display the battery status.
I have 1.8.3 binding.
In Habmin the contact is grey so it is idle. do i need to manually set the wake up period to 3600?
For a moment i saw the battery status 92% but than disappeared and i excluded the contact and re included in the network but no battery status.

Thanks for the answer.

Battery level reporting worked fine for me in openHAB1 with

Number FGK101_Battery "FGK101 Battery: [%d %%]" { zwave="x:command=BATTERY" }

In theory, the binding should set this for you, but you should check it in HABmin to make sure it was set. If it’s set, then you shouldn’t need to wake up the device - it will wake up automatically periodically and the binding should initialise the device.

The device will show grey each time you restart the binding - even if it was previously green.

Battery status is only updated periodically - it may not happen for a few hours. Note that if you exclude and re-include, then you will have a new node id (I’m not sure why you should need to do this though - if the device works, then I would avoid excluding and re-including it).

Yes, excluding and re including the devices has a different if no. I did this because of the battery status, I thought if I’ll do that the devices will show the battery status :confused:
I saw in habmin the the refresh interval was set like 19356673 or so and I set it manually to 3600. Right now I’ll wai 1hour to see if it’s updating or not.

Update: Checking right now in Habmin the wake up interval it displays again a strange value: 16777215
Why is this?
And another thing will be that some times opening and closing the contact its not updating in OH! if is closed its just staying closed even i open the contact :frowning:

Update 2: every time i restart OH at FGK wake up interval is 16777215

Thanks

Probably the device is not configured properly. What associations do you have? IF the associations are not configured, then the device will not report its state to the controller.

When you change the wakeup, it won’t change on the device unless you first wake the device up. Otherwise it won’t be transferred, and when you restart OH, it will have the same value.

What association are you speaking about? in Habmin there’s no association made. The thing is that the contact reports correctly lets say 3 or 4 consecutive times and 5th time it will not update the state.

How do i wake the device up? pressing 3 times on the hidden button on the back?
Update: pressing 3 times on the back button i managed to wake up the contact and now i see the the battery status too! yeeeeyyyy :slight_smile: but there is something wrong with the physical battery: this morning was 92% and since than now i see 89%! is not too much consumed? the specs says that the battery will keep you for 2 years but if in a few hours i used already 3% this means in less than a month the battery will be dead?
Thanks.

A device has association groups. These groups are used to tell the device to send updates to the controller (or other devices) when something changes. If I rmember correctly, the FGK101 has 3 groups.

This is likely to be a problem then.

Then associations are likely set :confused:. If the updates are not reliable, then possibly the device is at the extremes of its range?

Yes - I forget how it’s done for this device - it should say in the manual, but normally it’s pressing a button 3 times, or for a fixed time…

Battery monitoring is pretty unreliable so I wouldn’t take one day to mean anything - check it over a period of time… The issue is that most battery monitors simply use voltage which is a bad indicator of life - it will change based on temperature for instance. I find the battery on these devices last one to two years… If you are messing around with it a lot, then it might also go down quickly for a while, but once it’s all configured it should be pretty static.

My FGK101 is outside of our house (in the cold German weather) and wakup is set to 21600 (= 6 hours).
It’s working now with the same battery since almost a year …

Hi guys, what up? :slight_smile: I read my comm above and I remembered how much I was struggling to make this contact work correctly …
I come now again with the same contact trouble. I installed a new front door and I had to unmourned the contact. Right now I use openHABian and I’m trying once again to make this tricky thing work with a ds18b20. I see the contact open/close ok but the battery status and the temp there’s no way to se the battery status or the temp value :frowning:
I tried to exclude include reset, everything but no way to make it work. I Think there must be something wrong in the procedure of excluding/ including the device because every time the contact has the same node id! Does anyone know which of the 2 buttons of this contact is the tmp button? The on on the inside or the one inside the case? I tried different procedures and still not working proper!
Appreciate all the help and thanks in advance.

This thread is 3 years old. Please start a new one. Thanks

Why? I think it’s k here, the comm is on topic and there are not so much comments to read … so what’s the point to make a new thread?

Because OH has changed so much in 3 years
The point is there: How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You