FGS211 Zwave Item events not firing

I’m not sure why thi device isn’t sending the encapsulated commands - it will never work if it doesn’t do this. Unfortunately this is a VERY messy area of ZWave as there are something like 7 significantly different versions of command classes relating to associations, and due to the fluidity in the specifications over the past couple of years, there are many devices that also do things differently to these.

Can you please provide a log of the initialisation of this device so I can see what the binding is doing, and what versions of command classes are being used.

We can disregard the dusk sensor now since I discovered that this behaviour applies to all my FGS211. Also the ones connected to classical switches.

FGS211_initialize.log (460.7 KB)

I see why it’s not working. The binding is not using multi-channel associations to set this configuration since the device is only reporting it supports 2 association groups in multi-channel mode. The binding therefore uses the older command class to set the association for group 3, and probably that means the device doesn’t send multi-channel encap reports.

I could try and force the binding to use the MC mode, but if the device reports it’s unsupported, then this will fail. In older Fibaro devices they always sent MC encapsulated commands. With the changes to the way associations work, I guess that this is now configured by using the MC association command as per the standard, but they are supporting V1 of this class so my guess is it could be buggy as there were a lot of changes happening around this time.

Thankyou for your reply and time! I’m not at that level to understand all of your post. I can tell you that my log was created by runnint “re-initialize” the node if that changes anything ?

If you have some solution it would of course be greatly appreciated and I’ll be happy to test it. A note is that when using Domoticz before I can not recall having this issue if it helps you.

After a whole lot of trouble updating, switching between versions, stable/testing/snapshot and probably messing something up along the way I wiped the Openhab2 installation tonight and reinstalled using 2.5.0.M5 and ZWave binding 2.5.0.M5.

The FGS211 is now updating its status to the controller instantly on channel switch_binary

Association group 3, “Controller update” is set to “Controller” as it should be.

On switch_binary1 and switch_binary2 it is not updating though.

I’m happy!

1 Like