FGWPB-121 Not in Database - but it is

Hi, for the past year or so I have had 3 identical devices as part of my network - FGWPB-121. I have recently purchased 2 additional copies of this device, but when adding to the database I get th error that the device is not in the database. I’ve checked and of course they are.

The properties for my working examples are all identical:

dbReference 808
defaultAssociations 1
manufacturerId 010F
manufacturerRef 1401:2000,1801:1000
modelId FGWPB-121
vendor Fibargroup
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_deviceid 4096
zwave_devicetype 6145
zwave_frequent false
zwave_lastheal 2020-10-17T01:33:31Z
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 271
zwave_neighbours 1,3,15,16,22
zwave_nodeid 20
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 4.2

The properties of my 2 new devices differ from the above, but are the same as each other:

zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_deviceid 4096
zwave_devicetype 5377
zwave_frequent false
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 271
zwave_neighbours
zwave_nodeid 25
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 4.2

As can be seen, all are version 4.2 of the device.

What are my steps to resolve this please?

See - this is your first mistake - assuming the devices are identical :wink:

The properties for the device you just listed are for a new device - or at least a different device that is NOT in the database. In the information you posted, you shows the manufacturerRef as 1401:2000,1801:1000, but your device properties are 1501:1000.

It needs to be added to the database (I have just done this), the database needs to be exported, and you will then need to use the binding with the updated database that includes this device.

1 Like

Thanks Chris. This kind of thing happens so rarely with OH that I always forget how to handle it. I see that the database has been updated, thank you. In terms of the export and recompile of the binding, I assume that’s something that I have to wait to happen? I’m not in any rush, just don’t want to be waiting for something to happen when in actual fact the action is with me.

Is my next action to update to a nightly build, perhaps tomorrow?

1 Like

Thanks Bruce also - I apprecaite the reply, despite the ninja from Chris.

Yes, I’ll probably do this later today, so tomorrow should be fine (or later tonight if you’re in the US :wink: ).

UK; perfect, thank you.

Then you need to install the snapshot version of the binding using the script.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

You then need to delete the unknown Thing from OH ( do NOT exclude) and rediscover . add to get the new binding settings.

1 Like

When the device was unknown, you don’t need to do this as there is nothing to update as it was never discovered in the first place… Just updating the binding should be fine.

I thought it was discovered & the binding wrote out the NIF information. You know better than I though.

Well, there are different parts of discovery… There’s the protocol side, where the binding reads all the bumf out of the device so that it knows what it is, and then there’s the openHAB side, where the binding tries to marry up the device information with the database so that it can create a Thing.

The second part with the database, and creation of the thing/channels etc hasn’t happened when there’s no database entry, so you don’t need to delete the Thing.

2 Likes

Hi Chris, I’ve used opanhabian to update to the latest nightly - it says version 2.5.10~S246-1. However, the devices are still unrecognised:

2020-10-18 14:48:47.186 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 24: Device discovery completed
2020-10-18 14:48:47.189 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 24: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:1501:1000::4.2
2020-10-18 14:48:47.192 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 25: Device discovery completed
2020-10-18 14:48:47.195 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 25: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:1501:1000::4.2

Is there a jar file I need to add manually?

Possibly - I’m not sure when (or if) the build of openhabian is triggered. I recompiled the binding last night.

You can install the latest snapshot using the following script -:

It just uses the apt repositories for OH. The image is just basically the OS and other supporting files.

Sure - that I understand, but what I don’t know is what triggers a rebuild of the repository? ie will it be built automatically if dependant projects are rebuilt? I don’t know how CI is configured for that project?

1 Like

The script fails for me unfortunately; I need to run it as the openhab user, and under openhabian, the openhab user (which is the user that runs openhab) doesn’t have the rights for this script - it ends up failing with a 2 minute timeout.

My current version of openhab-addons-2.5.10-SNAPSHOT.kar is dated October 16th, and with that I won’t have the latest database changes you’ve made. I’ve looked at openhab-addons but the ZWave component looks to be separate. With the script failing is there another way to get an updated ZWave file? I’m not sure how often the openhabian snapshot updates - I may just try each day for the next week or so and see if it catches up.

I’ve manually kicked off a build of the OH-distro. I think (but am not 100% sure) that it will also update openhabian (the OH distro build is also 246, so there’s some hope!).

Hopefully that will flow through in the coming hour or two with any luck.

Much apprecaited Chris - I have my fingers crossed.

1 Like

That would be an openhab2-snapshot. (openhab-snapshot is OH3)

Well, that’s not really the way the CI is configured. CI is configured separately for OH2.5 and OH3, and I have currently triggered the OH2.5 integration build on CI.

The permissions are fine or the script wouldn’t have run. But the script will not work if you are using a kar file. There are more details in your openhab.log.