Fibaro FGD-212 Dimmer 2 v3.5 Type/ID not in Database

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f433ac19380>

New Fibaro FGD-212 India Frequency v3.5 type/ID is not in database.

After inclusion getting “Unknown Device” Z-Wave Node 002 (010F:0102:6000:3.5)

Device FGD-212 is already in database
Only Type id: 0102:6000 entry is not there in the database.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/787

Mine database update login is yet to be activated. Looks like it might take time. Request is already raised to @chris.
In the meantime if anyone can help me to update this type/id then it will be great.
Habmin screenshot:
Habmin Screenshot
XML link.
XML

As far as you can determine, is your device the same as the one you linked to? If so, we can add the ID.

What version of OH are you running? On some versions you can manually update the binding when a new version is needed. The database is part of the binding.

Thanks for quick reply.
Yes my device is same as the link provided. xml is copied from the OH. Currently I am using openhab2
openHAB 2.4.0-1 (Release Build).

For zwave binding I am using zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT .
I tried updating jar with modified xml, but couldn’t able to resolve the “Unknown Device” issue. Followed these steps. Modify a zwave binding jar to add/change a zwave device while waiting for a build

This is the best way to update the binding after the database has been updated. I will add the IDs but the database is usually only updated once a week.

EDIT: I have updated the database & requested review. I would guess it will be exported sometime this weekend & then the snapshot build can pick it up.

Thanks for helping me to update the database.
Let me try this manual install script as well.

Thanks once again.

It will not help until the snapshot binding has the updated information though.

Done.

2 Likes

Latest zwave snapshot binding has updated Type/ID.
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bindings/org.openhab.binding.zwave/target/

Device is getting recognized. Thanks for the help.

BTW I was able to modify the jar with updated device xml and used the binding before the snapshot build came.
These steps are very helpful.