Fibaro FGMS001-001 ZW5 Motion Sensor v3.2 can not get values

I can not fetch any items value from latets Fibaro sensor. It seems it is in the database through http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/328

What I did:

• add things
  • define items
  • Go to paper UI control, no value from motion sensor get displayed, instead i get either -NaN or NaN

Binary Sensor
Temperature -NaN
Seismic Intensity -NaN
Luminance -NaN
Motion alarm
Tamper
Battery Level NaN
General alarm

my Environment

• rapsberry PI 3 with Linux openHABianPi 4.4.0-1-rpi2 #1 SMP Debian 4.4.6-1+rpi14 (2016-05-05) armv7l GNU/Linux
  • openHAB 2.0.0-1 (Release Build)
  • Latest AEONtec Gen5 USB on /dev/ttyACM0
  • Fibaro FGMS001-001 ZW5 Motion Sensor v3.2

Can somebody help?

You should get a debug log to see what’s happening. My first guess is that the device hasn’t woken up - you need to wake it up manually, with it close to the controller so that the controller can initialise it. It should then generate an XML for the node in the userdata/zwave folder.

Battery devices are a little complex unfortunately…

Oh my goodness you were right, will have to read a lot more since i want to use motion sensor as an alarm system…but thanks for the tips! it is definitely working now

Hi cedric.walter

did you manage to get your fibaro sensor (FMGS001-001) running? I have the same issue only getting NaN’s in Paper UI…

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

The device hasn’t woken up - you need to wake it up manually, with it close to the controller so that the controller can initialise it. So bring it close and press a few time on the button inside the sensor to wake it up

1 Like