Fibaro FGR-223 Roller Shutter 3

i have delete the device and add again but nothing…i have only one rollershutter and 2 dimmer. what is your version of zwawe binding?

my is 2.5.0.201901242108

This one

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles%24org.openhab.binding.zwave/

Which I put into addons

Hi i’ve take the last binding and now i have 3 rollershutter item, well done.
but the problem of the absolute position remain, i ve take a video if you want to see.
no problem with wall switch but with the rollershutter item only if i press stop the item is refresh the real position

i ve 5.1 firmware

1 Like

Very nice - thank you for the extensive video.
It makes it very clear that after moving the shutter through openhab it does not refresh the position.
What I find interesting is that a “Stop” command does actually trigger a position refresh. So this could be a more suitable workaround than the “REFRESH” command.

1 Like

I have defined four items of switch type to control my venetian blinds. One that triggers opening them and closing all of them at dusk and dawn and three to control the position to protect from sunlight. Following are some rules and the respective sitemap.

rule "Sonnenschutz Sued aktivieren"
when
  Item Sonnenschutz_Sued received command ON
then
  LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter1.sendCommand(75)
  LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter1.sendCommand(75)
  BED_Jalousie.sendCommand(75)
  if ( tSonnenschutz1 !== null ) {
    tSonnenschutz1.cancel
    tSonnenschutz1 = null
  }
  tSonnenschutz1 = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(1)) [
    LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter2.sendCommand(50)
    LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter2.sendCommand(50)
    BED_Jalousie_Lamellen.sendCommand(50)
  ]
  if ( tRefresh !== null ) {
    tRefresh.cancel
    tRefresh = null
  }
  tRefresh = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(1)) [
    LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter2.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter1.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter2.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    LIV_Jalousie_SL_Schalter1.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    BED_Jalousie_Lamellen.sendCommand("REFRESH")
    BED_Jalousie.sendCommand("REFRESH")
  ]
end

This ensures, that the position is as desired and the status in Basic UI or HABpanel are correctly displayed. I am using the same logic for RS2 and RS3.

What I found, is that I have to wait the blinds to reach the desired position before I trigger the second action to control the position of the lamellas. If I send the commands one after the other I do NOT get the desired result.

What I also found is, that if I send a command UP or DOWN I do not get the desired result and correct position.

Note: I have reversed the % levels, so you might have to adjust. In my case 0 means fully OPEN and 100 means fully CLOSED

Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Sued          label="Sonnenschutz Süd"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktiviert", OFF="Deaktivieren"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Sued == ON]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Sued          label="Sonnenschutz Süd"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktivieren", OFF="Deaktiviert"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Sued != ON]
Switch  item=gLampe                     label="Gesamte Beleuchtung [%d]"        icon="light"            mappings=[OFF="Alle Aus"]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Ost           label="Sonnenschutz Ost"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktiviert", OFF="Deaktivieren"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Ost == ON]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Ost           label="Sonnenschutz Ost"                icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktivieren", OFF="Deaktiviert"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Ost != ON]
Switch  item=gSteckdose                 label="Gesamte Steckdosen [%d]"         icon="poweroutlet"      mappings=[OFF="Alle Aus"]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Kueche        label="Sonnenschutz Küche"              icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktiviert", OFF="Deaktivieren"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Kueche == ON]
Switch  item=Sonnenschutz_Kueche        label="Sonnenschutz Küche"              icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Aktivieren", OFF="Deaktiviert"] visibility=[Sonnenschutz_Kueche != ON]
Switch  item=Jalousien_Status           label="Jalousien"                       icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Geöffnet", OFF="Schliessen"] visibility=[Jalousien_Status == ON]
Switch  item=Jalousien_Status           label="Jalousien"                       icon="rollershutter"    mappings=[ON="Öffnen", OFF="Geschlossen"] visibility=[Jalousien_Status != ON]

I hardly use the wall switches anymore and I hardly use the direct controls in Basic UI or HABpanel anymore, I just control with these few additional switches, that then trigger the correct action and positioning.

I had the same behavior in openHAB as well as homee, which I used before. This might be an issue with the firmware still. But in my previous post I have shown the solution, that works perfectly for me.

After weeks of delay I finally wanted to actually use my FGR-223. As I had them updated to FW5.1, inclusion worked well some time ago and I knew about the trouble of positioning I didn’t expect further issues.
So I could control the blinds by wall switches connected to the included FGR-223, started calibration and…
A few “click” sounds, no movement, wall switch also won’t work anymore.
Same behaviour for all three FGR-223 I have here, no matter how calibration is started (wall switch, B button, parameter). Factory reset gets it back to where I came from.
I also tried the latest snapshot binding but of course that didn’t help.
The motor is a 3T45-10E with calibrated end switches.
Contacted Intuitech but still waiting for response.
Any idea what else I could try?
Frankly speaking I am really considering to send them back and pick another manufacturer’s controller even if they have a worse form factor.
I am quite happy with my FGR-222 but these devices drive me crazy. How can a product become so bad with the next generation…

I used Paper UI to force calibration. Parameter 150 set to 2 (force calibration). It is best to have them fully closed using the wall switches if possible. The blinds will do a full Up-down-up cycle. After that you need to again in Paper UI set Parameter 150 to 1 (device is calibrated).

After that they should work as desired. They did in my case.

Did you check the correct physical wiring?

Thanks for the info, but didn’t work for me.
As I said when I started calibration, even through parameter 150, the FGR-223 would just make a clicking noise (so I guess its relais are switched actually) but won’t move the blinds. I’ve also tried to start the procedure fully open / fully closed / in between.
As I switched between the three devices over and over again I re-confirmed the wiring multiple times. And also as they can be controlled by the wall switch prior to the calibration and after factory reset makes it quite obvious that wiring is not the issue.

Have you tried here to get help?

https://forum.fibaro.com/

However FIBARO support sucks

Not yet but sure worth a try. Thank you for the hint.
I’m really close to replace them with some better designed product but it would be super annoying as I spent additional money on the FW update (which should be covered by the manufacturer anyway as they sold unfinished products)…

Do u have try to change the order of cable?
Try to invert the q1 and q2.

Hmm, no, didn’t see the point in that as the cables seem okay when operating with a wall switch (up = move up, down = move down).
If Q1/Q2 were wrong, it would just invert the movement direction but still the roller shutter should move during calibration.

Ok. I had your problem with fgr 223. This is my opinio but automatic calibration don t work. If you see the settings after calibration the time of up movment and down is the same as the default. You have to set on the setting device is calibrated and you can try to set the right time of up and down manually. I saw you to change the wire beacouse i rember that one time i had a similar issues with one rs2 and i resolve reversing the wire. But i think that you have problems with calibration. Try to set device is calibrated in settings.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience! I think this might actually work. I’ll have a try with manual setting, it will take a couple of days until I have time for that though.
Anyway still no feedback from Intuitech.

If you force calibration, I think the device stores the correct values internally. I have some RS3 that worked correctly after forced calibration and after I set parameter 150 back to “device calibrated”. For others I also had to store the up/down times in openHAB (and the device) through Paper UI.

Finally I got back to the FGR-223 and got them going by your help and the Intuitech FAQs. However I had to change the parameter 154 “Delay motor stop after reaching end switch” to 40 (4 seconds, default is 1 second) and parameter 155 “Motor operation detection” to 80 (default is 10 Watt, the motor I use draws up to 125 Watt), then run the calibration.
It didn’t work default values, neither with p154=30 and p155=50 in my case.
So now I am really keen on the next milestone release to controls of the roller shutter, not the dimmer. :drooling_face:

Hi!

I also have the problem with the status updates from the fibaro device. Do you think this is an issue on the fibaro device itself?

Thanks,

Stefan

I only get status-updates when it’s fully open or closed…I’ve shutters, but I have to set Parameter 151 to 2 to get open and closed states…everything in-between shows UNDEF…

If I use it with 151 set on 1, I get completely weird states…am I doing wrong something?

I resolved it =) There is no need for setting the operation mode, you have to set the command_poll_period correctly to become correct values =) → Follow this guide:

1. Set the desired operation mode (Parameter 151) (in my case it was 1)
  2. Enter calibration mode by setting Parameter 150 to 2
  3. IMPORTANT → Wait for the calibration to be done, and then set Parameter 150 to 1! Otherwise you get UNDEF states when the shutter is “in between” endpositions) DO NOT TOUCH ANY CONTROL UNTIL THIS PARAMETER IS SET TO ONE! Ignore the Fibaro Docs here, as they state that the rollershutter would set it back itself…it does not XD
  4. Determine the longest movement-time (stored in parameter 156 and 157), add 2-5 seconds to it, and make this your command polling period. IMPORTANT → If your movement-time is longer than 15000 ms, you have to do that in the code-tab of your thing, because otherwise it always set back to 15000…
  5. Additionally I added the metadata “force auto update” on the shutter items (channel 1, right UNDER the one marked as deprecated) I’m not sure if this has any effect, but as I worked hours on this, I’m not gonna touch ANYTHING XD
  6. Enjoy =)

The shutters are working pretty well when ones figure out how…the fibaro documentation is “not very good” to keep it family friendly :rofl: