Fibaro FGS223 - Double Switch - Z-wave Database Configuration

Hello!

I’ve just started my journey with OpenHab2 and am working towards my first goal of turning on my bathroom light via motion detection. I’ve installed OpenHAB2 on a CentOS 7 box and picked up an Aeotec Z-Wave stick, Zooz 4-1 sensor, and a Fibaro Double Switch to get the task done.

I’ve successfully installed my Z-Wave stick and linked my sensor appropriately using the Paper UI and HABmin. I’ve also completed the task of wiring up my Fibaro switch, with the manual switches working appropriately and my Z-wave stick confirming a successful paring.

The issue I am running into is that the double switch is showing as an unknown device:

2017-04-23 12:27:09.275 [INFO ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 5: setupNetworkKey useSchemeZero=false
2017-04-23 12:27:09.377 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 5: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0203:2000::3.2

My research throughout the various forum posts has led me to exclude and re-include the device multiple times and disable the security mode on my Z-wave stick (still with no success). I do see a configuration file for this device here. Additionally, my device does have configured attributes in the “things” configuration section. This leads me to believe the device has paired and interrogated properly, but wasn’t located in the z-wave database.

How do I manually link this device to the xml configuration I found online? Or, is there something obvious I am missing here? There is a node5.xml file in my /opt/openhab2/userdata/zwave/ folder, but the syntax of that file looks very different to what I see online.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’m so close!

Looking in detail at the node ID (010F:0203:2000:3.2) and comparing that against the configuration file in the device database, I am noticing a few things… 010F looks to match the Manufacturer ID of Fibargroup, which is what I see in my attribute listing in HABmin. The 0203:2000, I’m guess is the Reference IDs, which in the configuration file for the z-wave database there is only 0203:1000 and 0203:3000.

My assumption is that is my problem and why it isn’t located in the database. How would I add the new reference ID?

I’ve registered and added a ticket on the site http://www.cd-jackson.com.

I’ve updated the database with this - it will flow into the snapshot tomorrow or the next day.

Wonderful. As I am just getting started, I want to ensure I understand my next steps.

Based off other community posts I’ve found, I’ll need to uninstall and re-install the z-wave binding to refresh my database. After that, do I need to remove my node and re-include it again?

Additionally, I am following the manual installation instructions for the snapshot release on Linux. I am, however, unsure if that classifies as an online or offline installation. Do I also need to update my entire OpenHAB installation for the new Z-wave binding?

No - if the device wasn’t in the database before (ie it was detected as unknown) then it should just sort itself out - nothing to do in this case.

I think you should be ok to just uninstall the zwave binding and reinstall it - so long as you’re using the snapshot version of OH2 and not the release version.