Fibaro FGT 001 can not use "setpoint (heating)" after update to OH 4

Dear all, because winter comes, I reactivate my heater system…: I must see that my z-wave devices: Fibaro FGT001 Thermostatic Valve did not accept update for channel setpoint (heating).
I am able to read out temperature channel.
Also I can switch the valve ON and OFF.

But all of my heater rules are inoperable.

Has anybody similar experience and can held me solve this issue?

My System OH 4.0 openhabian installation (original OH 3.3 then updated via openhabian-config)

openHAB Distribution Version Information

build-no : Release Build
online-repo : JFrog

Repository Version

openhab-distro : 4.0.0
openhab-core : 4.0.0
openhab-addons : 4.0.0
karaf : 4.4.3

on Rapsian “bullseye”:

PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“11”
VERSION=“11 (bullseye)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/
SUPPORT_URL=“RaspbianForums - Raspbian
BUG_REPORT_URL=“RaspbianBugs - Raspbian

on aRaspberry pi 3B

System is runing on a SSD

When I stop heater in Spring everything works fine (As far I remember it was OH 3.3)

Thank you for any hint an tip

Cheers
Stefan

How does your rule look like ? Is any error message shown when you try to update the setpoint ?
Does it work setting a new value via the items section in main UI ?

Hi,
First of all, the setpoint change via openhab APP does not work.
So I haven’t lunch the rules by now.

Thank you

Sorry for the inaccurate description of find out the inoperation.

To be more precise: I change the value of the heatpoint in th APP.
In opnehsb UI is the new value present.

But the heating valve did not react! No motor rotation.
Normaly the valve show the acting while the motor rotation by changing the colours (because there is no display on the item)

Cheers

If the UI shows the change of setpoint from the App OH got the new value.
So the data are not recognized by the Fibaro Thermostat.
Have you tried to wake up the device manually?
Or is possibly the battery empty?

Probably a dumb comment-sorry. When you changed the setpoint, did it call for heat (based on the temperature)? Maybe the valve didn’t move because it didn’t need to.

I had a similar issue, after OH4 update my temperature setpoints went to ‘read only’, I could not change the zWave thermostat temperatures any more, neither by rules nor by sitemaps.

It turned out that I had to change the definition of the item from Number to Number:Temperature , since then I am able again to set the temperature on my thermostats. (however the change caused other issues that I was not able to resolve yet)

Yes I wake the valves up often. No change in behsviour

Battery are full charged

Ni definitly not. It was cold in my flat and I called for heat.

1 Like

Can pleas explain more detailed howto
“turned out that I had to change the definition of the item from Number to Number”
Sorry i did not understand it😒

I have defined items in an .items file that are connected to the zWave device like follows.

In OH3, I used

Number Heizung_Buero_Solltemperatur <temperature> (Heizung_Buero_Group) { channel="zwave:device:cef8b92dc5:node16:thermostat_setpoint_heating",ga="thermostatTemperatureSetpoint" }

After OH4 migration, changing the value of that item by rule or sitemap did not update the zWave device any more. It always ‘jumped back’ to the original value. After some research I found that OH4 requires something like

Number:Temperature Heizung_Buero_Solltemperatur <temperature> (Heizung_Buero_Group) { channel="zwave:device:cef8b92dc5:node16:thermostat_setpoint_heating",ga="thermostatTemperatureSetpoint" }

This allowed me to change the temperature on the thermostat again via sitemap and via rules. However there was an issue with the OH app for Android which had problems to change the value via sitemap, and after a cry for help here, I was provided with the solution which looks like

Number:Temperature Heizung_Buero_Solltemperatur "Büro Solltemperatur [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> (Heizung_Buero_Group) { channel="zwave:device:cef8b92dc5:node16:thermostat_setpoint_heating",ga="thermostatTemperatureSetpoint" }

Brandy

Adding Number:Temperature also fixed my z-wave thermostat (GoControl) with OH4 - thank you @Ez2517

For me too. Thank you very much Brandy