Fibaro KeyFob FGKF601: Battery runs down -> configuration issue?!

Searching for a small z-wave based remote control for easily triggering stuff (like opening garage door) that is already supported by openhab, I found the Fibaro Keyfob FGKF601 (UID fibaro_fgkf601_00_000) quite nice. Yesterday it was delivered, and I gave it a try.
Getting the device integrated into z-wave network and openhab was working like charme. Yet, it took me a while to figure out how to get the battery level info from the device. (The key ingredient was, to set the “Lifeline” assiciation group to “controller”).

The individual single-key based scenes were working directly out of the box. And after reading the manual (section #7), I also got the sequence based scenes working.

However, I’m currently struggeling with the battery of the keyfob. For some reasing it’s loosing capacity much faster than expected. According to Fibaro, the battery should last for about 2 years based on max. 5 pushes a day. When I successfully recieved the battery level for the first time, it was at 75%. Although I cannot guarantee that it startet with 100%, I assume the battery was full at the very beginning.
75% was the value when I went to bed yesterday evening. Today in the morning, however, it was already down to 55% (althogh properte “zwave_lastwakeup” states the old time yesterday evening: “2018-11-01T22:35:11Z”)

So I was wondering, if some configuration values might be inadequately set, thus sucking the battery dry much faster. Any idea?!?

Properites

key value
dbReference 542
defaultAssociations 1
manufacturerId 010F
manufacturerRef 1001:1000,1001:2000,1001:3000
modelId FGKF601
vendor Fibargroup
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_WALL_CONTROLLER
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_BASIC_WALL_CONTROLLER
zwave_deviceid 4096
zwave_devicetype 4097
zwave_frequent false
zwave_lastwakeup 2018-11-01T22:35:11Z
zwave_listening false
zwave_manufacturer 271
zwave_neighbours
zwave_nodeid 5
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_PORTABLE
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 3.2

Configuration parameters

key value comment
1: Lock Mode - unlocking sequence 0 0 - Lock Mode disabled, 9-28086 - unlocking sequence
2: Lock Mode - time to lock and locking button 0 0 - Lock Mode disabled, 5-1791 - calculated value
3: First scene sequence (*****) 0 - 1st sequence disabled, 9-28086 - value of sequence
4: Second scene sequence 0 0 - 2nd sequence disabled, 9-28086 - value of sequence
5: Third scene sequence 0 0 - 3rd sequence disabled, 9-28086 - value of sequence
6: Fourth scene sequence 0 0 - 4th sequence disabled, 9-28086 - value of sequence
7: Fifth scene sequence 0 0 - 5th sequence disabled, 9-28086 - value of sequence
8: Sixth scene sequence 0 0 - 6th sequence disabled, 9-28086 - value of sequence
9: Sequences - timeout 10 5-30 (0.5-3s, 0.1s step) - time to lock
10: Single button associations - operating mode single click switches state to opposite
11: Value sent to □ association group 255 1-99 or 255 (last state)
12: Value sent to ○ association group 255 1-99 or 255 (last state)
13: Value sent to x association group 255 1-99 or 255 (last state)
14: Value sent to Δ association group 255 1-99 or 255 (last state)
15: Value sent to - association group 255 1-99 or 255 (last state)
16: Value sent to + association group 255 1-99 or 255 (last state)
17: Paired buttons association for □ and ○ paired buttons association inactive
18: Paired buttons association for x and Δ paired buttons association inactive
19: Paired buttons association for - and + paired buttons association inactive
21: Scene activation for □ button 9 1 = 1 time, 2 = 2 times, 4 = 3 times, 8 = held down and released
22: Scene activation for ○ button 9 1 = 1 time, 2 = 2 times, 4 = 3 times, 8 = held down and released
23: Scene activation for x button 9 1 = 1 time, 2 = 2 times, 4 = 3 times, 8 = held down and released
24: Scene activation for Δ button 9 1 = 1 time, 2 = 2 times, 4 = 3 times, 8 = held down and released
25: Scene activation for - button 9 1 = 1 time, 2 = 2 times, 4 = 3 times, 8 = held down and released
26: Scene activation for + button 9 1 = 1 time, 2 = 2 times, 4 = 3 times, 8 = held down and released
29: Associations in Z-Wave network security mode 4095

Association Groups

key value comment
1: Lifeline Controller “Lifeline” reports the device status and allows for assigning single device only (main controller by default).
2: Square - On/Off “Square - On/Off” is assigned to clicking the □ button and is used to turn on/off associated devices.
3: Square - Multilevel “Square - Multilevel” is assigned to clicking and holding the □ button and is used to turn on/off and change level of associated devices.
4: Circle - On/Off “Circle - On/Off” is assigned to clicking the ○ button and is used to turn on/off associated devices.
5: Circle - Multilevel “Circle - Multilevel” is assigned to clicking and holding the ○ button and is used to turn on/off and change level of associated devices.
6: Cross - On/Off “Cross - On/Off” is assigned to clicking the x button and is used to turn on/off associated devices.
7: Cross - Multilevel “Cross - Multilevel” is assigned to clicking and holding the x button and is used to turn on/off and change level of associated devices.
8: Triangle - On/Off “Triangle - On/Off” is assigned to clicking the Δ button and is used to turn on/off associated devices.
9: Triangle - Multilevel “Triangle - Multilevel” is assigned to clicking and holding the Δ button and is used to turn on/off and change level of associated devices.
10: Minus - On/Off “Minus - On/Off” is assigned to clicking the - button and is used to turn on/off associated devices.
11: Minus - Multilevel “Minus - Multilevel” is assigned to clicking and holding the - button and is used to turn on/off and change level of associated devices.
12: Plus - On/Off “Plus - On/Off” is assigned to clicking the + button and is used to turn on/off associated devices.
13: Plus - Multilevel “Plus - Multilevel” is assigned to clicking and holding the + button and is used to turn on/off and change level of associated devices.

Device Configuration

key value
Polling Period 1 day
Command Poll Period 1500

Wakeup Configuration

key value
Wakeup Interval 0

System information

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk v1.8.0_152
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0~20181018164807-1