Fibaro RGBW predefined Programs Activation

HI Guys,

I noticed that the RGBW Zwave module from fibaro has an intresting function.
It contains multiple preprogrammed scenes that can be activated trough a Lua Script.( police siren,northern lights … )
Is there anyone that has done it yet in Openhab or knows how ? As i googled it i Saw that other systems can do it .

Kindest regards

Wolf

I don’t think this will be anything to do with Lua - it’s presumably triggered through some sort of command class…

However I guess you’re reading this on the MCV website where they can send raw commands via Lua? Can you provide the link and I’ll take a look…

I Will search the info and post in here.
Thnx for looking in to ik :wink:

Found some info here

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15132.180.html

I think that this is just Luup code - nothing to do with the device itself. This code runs on the MCV Vera which is a scripting language for the Vera…

When i first starten to use fibaro i idee home genie which could also do this. so i’m sure there must be some Way. The question is how?

Can you look into it?

Kind regards

Wolf

But what do you actually want to do?

If you just want to have ‘preprogrammed scenes’ then you would need to use rules, which if I understand the MCV page you referenced, is what they are doing…

I want to be able to activate the predefined scènes.
I have nog idea how.
I have never made a rule That sends a parameter to a z-wave device.

Can you point to the documentation where it says there are predefined themes within this device? I don’t see anything in the documentation that says this device can do any scenes.

The scenes in Vera appear to me to be controlled through rules - not directly in the device. The device has configuration options to set the time between colour changes, so I suspect you need to configure some of these and use a rule to change the settings to provide the scenes you want…

I might be wrong - maybe the device does have internal scene functionality, but the Fibaro documentation doesn’t mention it so I doubt it is included. If you can find the documentation on how this is configured, then I’d be happy to take another look.

If you read the topic i send you it does say its included inthe device by changing the parameter 72 from 5 till 6 , 5 programs are included in the device, fireplace,police siren,storm,northernlight,rainbow.

They say you have to set the module to rgb/rgbw, that i get and then change option 72.
The alarm scene in the fibaro is also selectable remember ? There i have the police scene setup.

Like i said before with homegenie i could activate these.
The fibaro api does it by http command, found the info on fibaro uk by googling fibaro rgbw programs.

Kindest regards

http://www.fibarouk.co.uk/controlling-a-fibaro-rgbw-module-via-the-api/
In the manual, I’ve found :
72. Starting predefined program when device set to work in
RGB/RGBW mode (parameter 14) - relevant for main
controllers other than Home Center 2 only.
Default setting:
1-10
animation program number
Parameter size:
1[byte]

Here they also talk about it :slight_smile:

Great - so what do you need changed? Can’t you just do what it says (change parameter 72 etc)? There should be nothing stopping you from doing this on OH I think?

I don’t personally have this device, so I can’t try it, but have you tried to do what is suggested in the information you’ve found?

What i want to do is create butttons to start stop and select the animation.
I have no idea how to make a button that changes a device property.

You need to create a item that is linked to the property you want to change. In this case you want to change a configuration setting - as per the wiki, you need to do something like the following -:
zwave=xx:command=CONFIGURATION, parameter=72

This should configure an item linked to parameter 72. Then you need to add this to your sitemap - you probably want to add some mappings so that you can name the scenes appropriately. The mapping will map the name to the command you want to send.

Ok thx i will try this assap and post the results

What do i type behind the 72 ? As i want to set parameter 72 to 6 for example ?

I’m not sure what you mean…

If you want to set parameter 72 to 6, then in your sitemap button, you should configure a mapping that sets number 6 to “Scene 6” -:
mappings = [ "1"="Scene 1", "6"="Scene 6" ]

i did what you asked but the mapping numbers are not activating the required scene ?

What happens if you just set this manually using HABmin? Otherwise, I can’t do much without a log…