Fibaro Smart Implant with Garage Door opener

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced a similiar issue using the Fibaro smart implant connected to a garage door opener (dry contact) where it will only open or close, if the switch is set to OFF, before its set to ON?

ie: to open, if the openhab item is set to OFF, it will open.

If its ON, it will not close or open. You need to update it to OFF because you can issue the command again.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

thankyou

That sound similar to how my DIY opener system works. Essentially the relay is wired to the wall button. When the relay goes ON it’s like the button was pressed. The problem is you have to turn the relay back off or else, to the garage door opener, it’s as if someone is standing there with their finger on the button. No new commands (i.e. button presses) can be registered.

The way to avoid this behavior is to always make sure the relay goes back to off shortly after going to ON. I programmed that on the device actually wired to the opener (500 msec works for me). But this could easily be done in OH itself using Expire. There might be a property on the device to have this auto-off behavior implemented on the device itself.

Not exactly but I have an annoyance with the smart implant, of which I use the input to detect whether my electric gate is open or closed. I’ve noticed that when the gate contact closes, the output briefly changes state so there is obviously a link between the parts of the device.

Rich, the device (Implant) has parameter 156, which is auto off for each output but i believe this is the pulse time for the relay

Barny, I use the input also for the gate state

It appears you can also disconnect the input from the output, by sending RAW commands

@chris is this possible using the binding for ZWave to control the Smart Implant?

Here is a post I found

You can separate the Inputs from Outputs by sending Z-Wave Raw Parameters
Using the Protection Command Class (0x75)

Full overview:
Connected in/output 1: (default)
Node-ID, 0x75, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
Seperated in/output 1:
Node-ID, 0x75, 0x01, 0x02, 0x00

Connected in/output 2: (default)
Node-ID, 0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x06, 0x75, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
Seperated in/output 2:
Node-ID, 0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x06, 0x75, 0x01, 0x02, 0x00

Also doable in flows with the “Z-Wave -> Send raw command” flow card, just leave away the “Node-ID”

No - you can’t send RAW commands. But what is a RAW command? The binding sends commands for you so you should not need to send what you are calling RAW commands. From a quick look, these are simply protection commands - if they are being used for non-standard functions then that’s pretty messy - but maybe it’s fine and someone just needs to add these channels.

1 Like

Basically being used to disconnect the input from the output on the device, I believe its standard.

For the HC2:

To separate the Smart Implant inputs depends on your controller. If you have a Fibaro controller you can simply set the Control Protection switch available. If you don’t and your hub hasn’t implemented the Protection Control class command [0x75] you will need to send the raw parameters directly to the Smart Implant device using developer tools, which once shown is quite simple. If you don’t do this the door or gate opens as soon as it closes or vice versa.

Actually it seems like the channels are there, just hidden in PaperUI

But your openHAB Item has no auto off (yet), and if you command it on ON then autoupdate will come along and change your Item state to ON.
That won’t stop a rule sending another command ON, but will stop most UIs.

I used the expire binding as suggested by Rich, so I’ve updated that. Seems to be working. Just need to fix the rule for the display of the door state now :slight_smile:

How did you end up disconnect the input from the output?
Does OH support this now?
If not, do you know if anybody issued a feature request on GitHub?

Never got anywhere with it

IC.
I just realised I could only use input 2 for my closed sensor. :relaxed: