First try at a binding for Hive from British Gas

I’m trying to install this binding from the marketplace, but getting this error:

00:24:19.527 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent ] - market:binding-4464823: Bundle cannot be installed: Error reading bundle content.

Anyone can share the jar instead? Any other solution for Hive?

I managed to rebuilt it from @ChrisSFoot PR in the meantime.

@jamborta

Is it working properly yet my hive and openhab connection is still useless never works this is the main part of my smart home I need too fix it works when openhab first starts but soon looses its connection

@Sharpy I made some changes in that binding, fixed a few things. Especially, the issue with authentication was broken. I’ll share once tested properly.

1 Like

@jamborta

I would be extremely grateful if you do share this its been a nightmare and extremely unreliable

On another note do you think the Hive Radiator TRV Valves will ever be supported by the binding

I don’t have any of those to test. If you have seen some docs that describe the API calls and how to control those devices, I can have a look whether it is possible to add.

I’ve just managed to get back to looking at this. @jamborta have you brought the source up to the new build system or just made functional changes? There were some things in the PR that I need to change before it is accepted as well.

I just fixed a few issues and built it locally. happy to send a PR for you to have a look.

1 Like

@jamborta

I’m not actually sure what you need here api calls are not something I am very experienced with tbh.

I don’t own any TRV Valves either I was waiting on this binding getting fixed before dropping more money on any hive systems as the thermostat already feels like an expensive paper weight with it not communicating properly with OH

But looking on Google there is a few things around maby you can find something here

Hi again @ChrisSFoot same question do you think TRV Valves will ever be supported

So your version does not communicate over the WAN its all LAN based now?

Im dying for this too work :smiley:

@Sharpy I’ll certainly give it a go! I don’t have one to play with but I wasn’t actually aware they existed yet, I can see my credit card heating up already…

1 Like

@ChrisSFoot

Yep they exist quite expensive too sadly £53 each :o

Ouch, that would mean close to £450 to do the whole house… Expect support after black friday :laughing:

1 Like

Might not be worth it tbh a quick Google search for Hive trv problem reveals quite a bit I doubt they could still charge over £50 for an inferior product tho

I’ve been after trvs for ages though so it’s only a matter of time before I buy them and i’m sure Hive will fix any issues in time

Hopefully, Im the same I have also been interested in individual controll over radiators myself but dont want too drop money into it without OH support

I don’t use apps too controll my devices openhab automates it all so I have just left it for now :wink:

Looks like i’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me getting this all sorted. Fingers crossed they haven’t changed the api too much to introduce the trvs. What features do you actually need out of the binding?

I’m still struggling with the binding dropping its connection too the Hive thermostat so anything would be a major improvement for me at the moment

Main requirements

1. What is the thermostat set at and is it heating?

2. ability too change temperature set on Thermostat

Like I said in previous posts the binding is perfect for me as it stands its just the authentication error that blocks OH from talking too HIVE the only thing that makes this work again is a full System restart of OH it then works for 5 mins or so as expected then drops out again

As for radiator trvs basic open Close and temps would be good

Well it sounds like @jamborta may have already fixed that issue so I’ll look forward to merging some code!

1 Like

I’m hoping he has early Xmas present if he has :smiley:

Either way it should be sorted this weekend barring any major family events!