FrameworkEvent ERROR: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.core

I’m running a fresh install of openhab2 on a raspberry pi (Jessie) and running into some issues with getting ZWave setup (despite it working earlier with an older install, and it still works on openhab 1 too).

The first time I startup I get the following error which sounds fairly fatal. That said, everything apart from ZWave appears to be working; I can load the paper UI, I can see my wemo device if I add the wemo binding via the UI, but whatever I do I don’t see any zwave-related activity besides adding/removing the extension.

Before going any further I wanted to check if this error is a genuine issue and if so how to go about resolving it

The error given is

2016-04-26 16:22:46.763 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.core
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.core [143]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items
<12 pages of requirements>
 Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component
    -> Export-Package: org.osgi.service.component; bundle-symbolic-name="org.apache.felix.scr"; bundle-version="2.0.2"; version="1.3.0"; uses:="org.osgi.framework"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1498)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]

There are about 12 pages with lists of unresolved requirements; if they’re of use then let me know and I’ll upload to pastebin or equivalent. Is it something to be concerned about or can it be disregarded?

I’m running on a raspberry Pi 2 with Jessie, using today’s snapshot online build. addons.cfg is unmodified except for adding zwave to the bindings.

Java is using /usr/lib/jvm/jdk-8-oracle-arm-vfp-hflt/jre/bin/java
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)

Many thanks
Toby

Hi Toby,

I have seen those errors as well (but only at the very top of the openhab.log, they do not appear on the console log when I do log:tail). Since all works as expected afterwards, I didn’t yet investigate in detail what this is about. So my advice for the moment is: Just ignore it :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kai

Ok thanks Kai, sounds like nothing too serious then.