FRITZ!DECT 400 Support?

Hi guys,

AVM released a battery powered one-button-switch, the FRITZ!DECT 400. Are there any plans to support this button as a new Thing for the avmfritz!binding?

I tried to use the new button simply as a HAN_FUN_SWITCH, but either I’m missing something or the HAN_FUN_SWITCH configuration is not compatible with the new FRITZ!DECT 400.

@cweitkamp would you know anything about support for the new button?

BR,
Felix

1 Like

Hi Felix,

of course I am planning to add support for the new switch. But unfortunately I was neither able to access one for testing nor is there any kind of documentation available. Do you already own a device? If so, it will be very much appreciated if you can provide me some TRACE logs for the binding.

Would be happy to - what excatly should I do?

To enable TRACE logging do the following steps:

You maybe want to send it via PM to me to avoid leaking sensitive data.

Short summary of Christophs and my PM traffic:

FRITZ!DECT 400 offers, for the time being (FRITZ!OS 07.01), non-satisfying support of the AHA API of the FRITZ!Box. A reply from the FRITZ!Box contains only the following fields for the FRITZ!DECT 400:

<devicelist version="1">
     [...]
     <device identifier="xxxxx xxxxxxx" id="27" functionbitmask="32" fwversion="04.86" manufacturer="AVM" productname="FRITZ!DECT 400">
          <present>1</present>
          <name>Schalter</name>
     </device>
</devicelist>

(xxxxx xxxxxxx stands for the individual AIN)
Non of these fields show that the button was pressed -> no way for the avmfritz-binding to work with that.

Just for comparision, the following shows the reply for an FRITZ!DECT 200:

<devicelist version="1">
     <device identifier="xxxxx xxxxxxx" id="17" functionbitmask="2944" fwversion="04.09" manufacturer="AVM" productname="FRITZ!DECT 200">
          <present>1</present>
          <name>Nachttischlampe</name>
          <switch>
               <state>0</state>
               <mode>manuell</mode>
               <lock>0</lock>
               <devicelock>0</devicelock>
          </switch>
          <powermeter>
               <voltage>227001</voltage>
               <power>0</power>
               <energy>98649</energy>
          </powermeter>
          <temperature>
               <celsius>185</celsius>
               <offset>0</offset>
          </temperature>
     </device>
     [...]
</devicelist>

Both of us contacted the AVM support, lets wait for a reply…

Lets add “currently” to this statement :wink:. I have started implementing the basic support for the F!D400. Discovery and ONLINE / OFFLINE thing status are working fine right now. But for more features we will have to wait. Maybe the new F!OS 7.08 release will bring us more data via AHA interface.

I’m also interested in using the F!D400 with openHAB.
Did you already get an answer from AVM if it might be possible in the near future?

AVM Twitter didn’t answer at all,
AVM E-Mail Support pointed me to entwicklungssupport@avm.de,
entwicklungssupport@avm.de didn’t reply to my email from 27.12.2018.

Maybe they are still in holiday-mode - but for sure it wouldn’t hurt if they got contacted by additional openHAB-users to show them that there is an issue… :thinking:

Same for me. Still waiting for an answer.

I also just wrote a mail to AVM. Let’s wait and see if we get an (hopefully satisfying) answer. :grinning:

I got an answer to my mail. They want to provide more functions for the AHA-HTTP interface in the future and are currently working on extensions for the F!D400. But today there is no set release date yet.

I can confirm that - got the reply yesterday

I just received a mail that AVM has extended the information provided by the F!D400. Unfortunately I can’t provide any information for the implementation in the binding since the F!OS 7.08 seems to be only available to some of the top models of the F!B products at the moment.

Great news. I will have a look into it on the weekend.

Yes, they updated the documentation - according to the change log they added info and battery information to the API with FRITZ!OS 7.08:

<button>-Info für FD400 erweitert, optionale Attribute hinzugefügt
<battery> und <batterylow>-Info für <device>(wenn vorhanden)

But the current version of FRITZ!OS for both of my own boxes (7490 & 7590 (Cable)) is 7.01 (stable release). Seems like we have to wait a bit until additional support for the button is out of beta…

AFAIK there will be support for battery_low and battery_level readings beside a short press and a long press event.

I already upgraded one of my FRITZ!Boxes to their " FRITZ! Labor" version but I saw nothing exciting. They have released a new test version yesterday. Cannot wait to test it.

I upgraded my FRITZ!Box 7490 to latest “FRITZ! Labor” version: 07.08-65237. I was very happy to get additional information in the response of AHA interface. But unfortunately the XML structure got so weird right now, that I cannot use the current XML library to get proper parsed Java classes of it. Thus I need more time to rewrite the parsing part of the binding ot maybe switch to a different library.

<device identifier="13096 XXX" id="29" functionbitmask="32" fwversion="04.90" manufacturer="AVM" productname="FRITZ!DECT 400">
    <present>1</present>
    <name>FRITZ!DECT 400 #14</name>
    <battery>100</battery>
    <batterylow>0</batterylow>
    <button identifier="13096 XXX-0" id="5000">
        <name>FRITZ!DECT 400 #14: kurz</name>
        <lastpressedtimestamp>1549195586</lastpressedtimestamp>
    </button>
    <button identifier="13096 XXX-9" id="5001">
        <name>FRITZ!DECT 400 #14: lang</name>
        <lastpressedtimestamp>1549195595</lastpressedtimestamp>
    </button>
</device>
1 Like

Just for comparison - how does the XML look for an third party button (I think they are already supported?)?

The response for a supported HAN-FUN button looks like this.

<device identifier="11934 BBB-2" id="2003" functionbitmask="8200" fwversion="0.0" manufacturer="0x0feb" productname="HAN-FUN">
    <present>1</present>
    <name>HAN-FUN #4 - F1</name>
    <etsiunitinfo>
        <etsideviceid>412</etsideviceid>
        <unittype>273</unittype>
        <interfaces>772</interfaces>
    </etsiunitinfo>
    <button>
        <lastpressedtimestamp/>
    </button>
</device>
<device identifier="11934 BBB-1" id="2004" functionbitmask="8200" fwversion="0.0" manufacturer="0x0feb" productname="HAN-FUN">
    <present>1</present>
    <name>HAN-FUN #4 - F2</name>
    <etsiunitinfo>
        <etsideviceid>412</etsideviceid>
        <unittype>273</unittype>
        <interfaces>772</interfaces>
    </etsiunitinfo>
    <button>
        <lastpressedtimestamp/>
    </button>
</device>
<device identifier="11934 BBB" id="412" functionbitmask="1" fwversion="31.20" manufacturer="0x0feb" productname="HAN-FUN">
    <present>1</present>
    <name>HAN-FUN #4</name>
</device>

Any updates on the Dect 400? I would be really interested in buying one and using it with openhab as it would be a nice elegant push button solution for me.