FRITZ!DECT 440 problems with channels

Hello Community,

Before I open an issue on GitHub, I wanted to ask here if anyone has already found the error.

I have received a FRITZ!DECT 440 remote control.
I was also able to connect it to a FRITZ!Box 7590 without any problems.
The control of e.g. FRITZ!DECT 200 sockets also works via the FritzBox, as long as I assign the buttons of the remote control there.

However, I have noticed a few problems in openHAB.

1. the error “Bad Request” appears when adding the item

When automatically creating and naming the individual channels, the channel “PRESS” is missing for the buttons.

If I add each individual channel manually, PRESS is available there.

1. if no button is configured via the FritzBox, openHAB does not seem to receive anything via the PRESS channel either.
    Unless I have made a mistake up to this point, it is apparently not possible to control things with the remote control via openHAB itself that cannot be controlled via the FritzBox.
    Did I recognize that correctly?

2. the humidity channel is not set correctly.
    For example, 32% is measured according to the button, but openHAB apparently only receives the value “0 one”.
    However, the channel for the temperature works without any problems.
    After I added the button 6 times to test errors 1 and 2, it seems to have finally worked and the percentage value is output.

There is absolutely nothing negative to be found in the openHAB log.
No warning, no error … nothing.

Does anyone have any further information for me? :slight_smile:

System:

• Raspberry Pi 4B (8GB)
  • openHAB openHAB 4.0.4 (Release Build)
  • openjdk version “17.0.7” 2023-04-18 | OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.42+19-CA (build 17.0.7+7) | OpenJDK Server VM Zulu17.42+19-CA (build 17.0.7+7, mixed mode)

Update:
Did a update to Java 17.0.9.
Nothing has changed in the behavior of the binding.

• openjdk version “17.0.9” 2023-10-17 LTS | OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.46+19-CA (build 17.0.9+8-LTS) | OpenJDK Server VM Zulu17.46+19-CA (build 17.0.9+8-LTS, mixed mode)

Small update:

I’ve built myself a silly makeshift solution.
I now always switch an AVM DECT 200 socket ON at the press of a button and use openHAB to detect whether the status of the button has changed.
This allows me to trigger further actions via Rules.
Not nice, but it works for the time being.
The socket must always be switched on anyway.