Fronius Inverter stuck authorizing

Hi,
I have a Fronius Primo 5Kw Inverter which I am trying to add to my Openhab 2 system.
I tried the Fronius binding but not sure how to set this up, any pointers?
I found the IP the inverter has been allocated in the Fronius settings menus and used that as the thing-host-ip but it just sits trying to authorize forever…?

I am an absolute beginner with openhab, just installed it for this purpose so I need the dummies guide please…
Any help would be appreciated

Ok, so let’s see how to start…,
Have you set up a thing in a “.things” file?

Have a look at the link for the binding https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/fronius/
Use the demo thing text, use the suggested refresh and if you only have 1 fronius IP networked device you can assume it is device Id 1.

Then you need to add the items. To do this choose the parameters you want to measure and create them in at items file (ie a file named with the extension .items in your items folder)

You can create these files using a simple text editor but using the Visual Studio Code with the openHAB extension added on helps a lot. Have a look around the forum and the openHAB documentation for some info on this.

Once you have created the things and items files openHAB will discover them and update them each time you save them.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask for some more specific help if searching the forums does not provide an answer.

If I follow the instructions from the bindings page i get the following inside the log

2019-04-26 06:34:36.204 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘solar.things’

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2019-04-26 06:34:42.143 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘fronius:powerinverter:mybridge:myinverter’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): No inverter with this index found.

2019-04-26 06:34:42.190 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘fronius:powerinverter:mybridge:myinverter’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): No inverter with this index found. to ONLINE

I tried indices 0-5 without success.

Can somebody help?