Fujitsu AC machines in HomeKit binding

Hello everyone.

Conf: RBpi 3B+, OH2 latest version, KNX and HomeKit Bindings

I have two Fujitsu AC machines installed at home. I would like to know if it is possible to have the integration in HomeKit binding of an IR transmitter with pre-setted Fujitsu frequency . I looked for RM pro or Zmote solutions (but they doesn’t seem to have a binding). Is there an alternative solutions to this product?
Thanks in advance

Marco

I think (I am not sure since I don’t use it): For the Broadlink RM Pro you have 2 options to integrate in OH2:
a) RM → MQTT Bridge → MQTT Broker → OH2. One example is: GitHub - fbacker/broadlink-mqtt-bridge: Bridge Broadlink RM Devices with MQTT and API for e.g. OpenHAB

b) Broadlink Binding (alpha?): Check Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest? & https://github.com/themillhousegroup/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.broadlink

There seems to be also work being done to create a binding for the Zmote also
Check:

a) openHAB zmote binding
&
b) GitHub - alexmaret/openhab-binding-zmote: An OpenHAB2 binding for ZMote devices.

There is also: GlobalCache - Bindings | openHAB

The Fujitsu AC has no “smart” features/options that would allow you to connect to it directly?

unfortunately my AC is not smart, but I would like to be able to turn it on via homekit. I think HK does not allow other parameters to be set. but if I install a binding in oh2, then can I find it in HK?
Thank you

Marco

In theory: Yes

You can have a [ "Switchable" ] tagged OH2 Item that is exposed to HK and you can use HK (selections, voice commands, scenes, etc) to turn the AC ON/OFF. The OH2 bound Item would trigger the InfraRed Remote Controller which will send the ON/OFF signal to the AC unit.

I believe that the same applies for setting the temperature for example (using a [ "Thermostat" ] tag?)